If you receive Chairmans this late in the year.....

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by enichols22124, Nov 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm getting close to a Chairmans, but I think I need a mileage run to pull it off. My question is:

If you receive Chairmans this late in the year of 2013, I'm presuming that you are golden until Feb 2015. Do you also get 4 upgrade tickets this year and then 4 more after Feb of next year 2014? Giving me a total of 8 one ways to use all inside of one physical year? I would love to take advantage of flying with a series of upgrade in one year, I have a few trips planned I was put all together instead of pushing off until 2015. If so, it makes it very worth it to me to add a flight to get those upgrades.

Thanks everyone.

Newscience likes this.
  2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're good through 2015, but the upgrades come with the status, so just one set until you reup next year.

Newscience likes this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    enichols22124,
    Mike Reed is absolutely correct! Enjoy your Chairman's status! I don't return from my final long-haul 'partner airline' flight until late next month, but hope to join you in Chairman's status next year. And it will be very interesting to see what happens with the AA/US merger. If the merger goes through, what will they do for us? :confused:
    Newscience

4. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    just keep in mind you need to use your certificates (apply them to a flight) by the end of february for that membership year.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  5. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you mean you don't see the additional certificates until you hit the mileage numbers again? And when someones says you have to use them up by Feb, is that feb 2014 or feb 2015? That's where I am confused, because it sounds like I will hit status and hold it until 2015 (year and a few months), but will not see certificates here in 2013, only in 2014. Is that correct?

6. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    so, if you make chairmans tomorrow, you get 2 certs for yourself and 2 for your companion that need to be applied by the end of feb 2014. then mar 1 2014 you will get another 2 certs for yourself and 2 for your companion that need to be applied by the end of feb 2015. you cannot have more than 2 certs for yourself at anytime in your account.