If you have an Award coach flight, are there upgrades possible on the day of departure?

Discussion in 'Qantas Airways | Frequent Flyer' started by enichols22124, Feb 23, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I managed to get 5 Coach award tickets from LAX to Sydney. I'm hoping that there might be at least some chance that Quantas has day of departure upgrades that are offered. Is that possible? Or usually very rare?

Thanks.

2. SYD

SYD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very unlikely on award tickets. The only international Op Up I received on a QF award ticket was flying on EK metal codeshare DXB-BCN - J to F!

QANTAS will process upgrade requests for QFFs on paid tickets up to the gate.

3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's really rare but you might have a fighting chance if you spelled the airline's name correctly so that the Staff didn't feel put off. ;)

SYD likes this.
  4. enichols22124

enichols22124 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I see that I added the U, sorry about that. Thanks for the replies. I ended up getting one more award ticket, I thought that was pretty good, 6 tickets on 1 flight. Since it didn't sound like I would have any chance at an upgrade, I bought everyone a Emergency Row seat on the Upper Deck. That's about as good as it is going to get for us.

Thank you everyone!

SYD likes this.