If you have a few minutes for a quick online survey about upgrades...

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Lynda, Jun 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Lynda
    Original Member

Lynda Milepoint Staff

Status Points:
  2. ben
    Original Member

ben Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was easy - took like 10 seconds.

3. Lynda
    Original Member

Lynda Milepoint Staff

Status Points:
    Thanks!

4. BurBunny
    Original Member

BurBunny Silver Member

Status Points:
    That was quick! But Question 4 was a toughie. Most of the time it's upgrades, but there are times when priority services become extremely important. Tough to rank - vote for what's important for 95% of the time, or critically import 5% of the time?

jmrich1432 and Travelsavant like this.
  5. Take.me.away

Take.me.away Active Member

Status Points:
    I agree that 4 was tough but for me I was torn between upgrades and bonus miles. In the end I saw that bonus miles actually is not that big of a deal for many voters but I am still at the stage where I love to see that number grow

Also I have only been Exec Plat on AA for a year and am still figuring out what I like best in terms of benefits. For example it has been REALLY nice to be the last one or one of the few people on standby to get added to a flight, when I have been able to make it to the airport earlier than expected. As as long time PLT member I had gotten used to upgrades not going through, not being confirmed from the stand by list etc, because there were too many Exec PLT ahead of me. Now I am loving life and feel quite spoiled actually :D

6. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    While I LOVE getting upgrades, overall I benefit more from priority services thus voted for this.

Jimgotkp likes this.
  7. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    All done :)

That was actually the easiest for me-it's the "priority services" with things like the "short lines" (n.b. short lines vs short bus ;)) and special handling during irrops

8. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    wow, I noticed the results right after I answered split question four equally between upgrades and priority services. For me it was the priority services, I really appreciate priority seating, short TSA lines, and early boarding especially when not in FC

9. AmericanGirl
    Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree about #4, it was a tough choice. I do prefer prority services, but love the upgrades too.

Gargoyle likes this.
  10. scubaflyer
    Original Member

scubaflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Quick survey. Interesting questions. Good insights into people's thoughts. Well done.

11. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    4 was close for me as well, and I came down on the side of priority services. I hate lines, and even if I'm not up front the lack of lines and access to personal service when I need it is a huge bonus.

Gargoyle likes this.
  12. PTravel
    Original Member

PTravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Number 4 was tough for me, too. However, missing a choice was my primary concern in an elite program: the availability of miles-only award flights to international destinations.

Gargoyle likes this.
  13. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same with others, I found question #4 to be a tough one as well. I'm torn between Priority Services and Lounge Access. On one hand I hate long lines and long waits, but on the other hand I cannot imagine not having lounge access while waiting for a flight.

Gargoyle likes this.
  14. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Strictly speaking, that's not usually part of the "elite" program, except for possible enhanced availability for elites. Flight awards are part of the overall FF program. Out of curiousity, how vehement are you about "miles only"? Most programs tend to have at least nominal fees associated with awards, even if just a couple of bucks.

Gargoyle likes this.
  15. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    My thought is that lounge access is easy enough to obtain through other means (membership, credit card, etc.). While it's available as an elite benefit, there are numerous other ways in.

cennas likes this.
  16. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    True, maybe that's why the percentage of those who chose Lounge Access is fairly low, lower than I thought it would be.

17. carsonheim
    Original Member

carsonheim Gold Member

Status Points:
  18. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I fly through a lot of smaller airports where there is no lounge from any airline, so that made my choice of the priority services much more of a viable choice for me, but, when I do fly into an airport where there is not a club that I belong to I agree that having access to other airline clubs is big. I guess I thought that was a benefit of my club membership, not necessarily of my status though.

cennas likes this.
  19. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I seem to recall Randy used to produce a t-shirt, "What part of upgrade don't you understand?" ???? :D

BurBunny and ctporter like this.
  20. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    As much as I travel, and considering the waiting time and the discomfort of waiting at the gate, lounge access is extremely important to me.

cennas likes this.
  21. Travelsavant
    Original Member

Travelsavant Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree, #4 was a tough call because the 1K desk & voice are services I use all the time. Voted for Upgrades because on 4-5 hr flights, makes a huge difference in comfort level.

22. catgirl
    Original Member

catgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Super quick, though, I wish there were a field to write in your own answer. My % of UDUs went up dramatically once I hit the 1P/CO Plat level from 2P. Though, I did manage to clear some UDUs as a 2P, I spent quite a bit of time riding in the back of the bus, lol.

23. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I picked upgrades because I seem to not be getting them at the rate I used to. :(