If the purser comes around and welcome you, you will get a questionnaire...

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by no-backpacker, Mar 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Status Points:
    The only time the purser has approached me by name, on a KLM flight, has been the times I have gotten a questionnaire. In the questionnaire there is a question: "Did anybody approach you by name?" Is this a coincident? Has anybody else realized this?

Xxx.

Bob Smolinsky likes this.
  2. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    On a flight? Never happened to me....even when I was Plat or Gold...

3. psollitt
    Original Member

psollitt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have used the questionnaire as a method of bartering to get another bottle of white wine or a packet of smoked almonds in the past... most pursers think we (plat gold ect..) don't like filling them in... oh but i do ! :D

G_G likes this.
  4. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, It has happened to me 2-3 times the last six months. Next time I think I will refuse to do the questionnaire as I have already done it.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I, two days ago, was asked if I wanted to become a member of Flying Blue. When I said I already am a member, Gold, they said it was not mentioned in their papers, only that I am a corporate (I am not sure what that is, but I think it is being a BlueBiz member?).

Xxx.

5. brobbel

brobbel Silver Member

Status Points:
    It happened to me also, although quite some time ago (over a year).

6. GUWonder
    Original Member

GUWonder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, that or a corporate booking probably is it.

7. GenevaFlyer
    Original Member

GenevaFlyer Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hi,

Not necessarily. I have been approached by name at times, but it's been a long time since I was asked to complete a survey.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

8. ralfkrippner
    Original Member

ralfkrippner Silver Member

Status Points:
    I often times get questionaires on KLM flights in biz. And I have the impression that they have a system to target those questionaires because they are not just distributed evenly but they usually ask some customers first and then give the remaining ones out from the front or back. However I did not really see differences in service on flights with questionaires compered to other flights.

9. KLM HQ decides who will get the questionaires, they are targeted even before the flight departs. Only when the designated person does not want to take the survey, they are given out to somebody else.

Recently they also started sending me the same questionaire by email...are they still being handed out at flights as well? Last week I didnt see them at all on my flights..

As to the matter of being addressed by name...it depends on the purser. I have been addressed by name and not gotten the survey, and I have been ignored during the flight and gotten the survey at the end. I'm not sure if all crews are aware of the questions and if they care at all to get a positive review.