If Teleportation Were Invented, Would You Miss Flying?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Feb 23, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Reader Eric left an interesting question on the "Ask Lucky" page the other day, which I've been putting some thought into: "I’m in Chennai for business, having flown BA in WT+ via LHR. I’m 46 now, and I finally came to realize, as I was suffering in what is essentially a glorified economy class, that I just want to get to my destination. Hours spent in an aircraft, while a miracle of technology and which has opened up the world, is just not enjoyable. Granted, I was thinking this in premium economy, with my 6’6″ frame stuffed into a small seat. I was asking myself – if teleportation was invented tomorrow, would I miss flying? I’ve been lucky enough to take a lot of revenue and award travel internationally in business and first, and I wondered if I would miss flying if I only flew in the comfort of these cabins. I weighed the pros and cons. The fatigue of traveling, of transiting airports, of waiting for flights, of delayed flights, of 10+ hours spent in high altitude, dry air of the cabins. I realized that at my age, I’d rather avoid that if I would be able to arrive in the snap of the fingers." The post If Teleportation Were Invented, Would You Miss Flying? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...