IDINE - Bonus

Discussion in 'Other Loyalty Programs' started by FWFDAN, Mar 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FWFDAN
    Original Member

FWFDAN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Currently in the UA MP bonus (double to end of March) and the AAdvantage double (first five) - anything else good out there? Not seening much - still remember the 25000 bonus two years ago (?) where I got UA/AA for both my partner and myself.... now I am scratching for 200 extra points?

Tenmoc likes this.
  2. Gatorboy

Gatorboy Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm unaware of any other current bonuses but my UA MP bouns only ran until the end of February. I worked it hard and would love to extend to end of March if some folks received an offer like that.

travelingmore likes this.
  3. NJUPINTHEAIR
    Original Member

NJUPINTHEAIR Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm watching for new bonuses, as well, but the IDINE program is a shell of what it once was. As I order in quite often, I have started using Delivery.com for restaurant orders and you earn points for your purchases. Not alot, but it's something!

4. Trout Fishing in America
    Original Member

Trout Fishing in America Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would love for idine to become more popular. Being able to pair idine points with the citi forward card would be a dream. Sadly, I think that there are only 2 or 3 idine partners within an hours drive of my house. So it goes.

5. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder how much online discount schemes such as Groupon have made Idine/RN a less viable option for restaurants needing promotion?

Sweet Willie likes this.
  6. Trout Fishing in America
    Original Member

Trout Fishing in America Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think Groupon is particularly well suited for a first time visitor. I know that I have taken advantage of the 50% (or more) Groupon discounts to try a new place around town several times. But, obviously, a place can't keep offering 50% off time and time again. Along the same lines, what good is a Groupon for a "landmark" restaurant? That's where, I think, idine comes into play. idine is slight enough that it can drive ongoing traffic without being an unbearable strain on the business. Groupon gets them in the door, idine keeps them coming back. (Or, at least, that's how I-- the consumer-- would like to see it.)

Wurm likes this.
  7. Wurm
    Original Member

Wurm Silver Member

Status Points:
  8. singtx
    Original Member

singtx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would be nice if they stepped up with extra/bonus miles, or maybe after 20 dines, 30 dines, etc. Regardless, the miles are a nice addition to our account.
    I liked the bonus miles for writing reviews which was stopped early.

9. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    agreed, I recall the good days of iDine where a newbie earned 5 miles per $ spent & 'elites' earned 10. Now 3 for newbies & 5 for 'elites'.

Still like the miles & it has drawn me to try other restaurants, but if the food isn't good I don't go back, regardless of the miles.

10. retirementdreams

retirementdreams Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wouldnt go back to a restaurant if I didnt like the food no matter how many miles they gave me!! (Well...maybe I do have my price...) However... I could always be amenable to having a few glasses of wine!!! Maybe my wine standards are lower than my food standards??

wheat27 and Dcg543 like this.
  11. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got this in my email today...it might be targeted....but I do not think so...

Earn 2 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles per dollar on top of what you already earn for dining with the Get Ahead Bonus.

Consider this your chance to sample all the glitz and glamour of the next level of
    AAdvantage DiningSM program membership. To qualify, you'll need to register, spend $75 at program restaurants by March 31 and complete your dining reviews within 30 days of each visit. You'll instantly begin earning 2 AAdvantage® bonus miles every time you dine through April 30 and complete a review.

URL at http://aa.rewardsnetwork.com/bonus.htm?id=A468&detail=y

wheat27 likes this.