Iconic street foods every world traveler must try

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by sobore, Nov 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/itine...foods-every-world-traveler-must-try-1C7201763
    [​IMG]

While many travelers make it a priority to book a table at Michelin-starred restaurants around the world, some of the best food — street food — can be had for a fraction of the cost, in the most unlikely of places.

From stainless steel push carts and dubious-looking night market stalls, to kiosks and the backs of bicycles, street food is ubiquitous around the world.

From the familiar New York City hot dog and Belgian pomme frites, to the venerated Vietnamese bánh mì and lesser-known Taiwanese stinky tofu, street food comes in a palette of palate-pleasing dishes, from savory, deep-fried munchies like Amsterdam’s kroket to sweet treats like a Breton crêpe.

The Daily Meal has canvassed the globe, eating everything from crowd-pleasing gelato to a fear-inducing but oh-so-amazing spleen sandwich, to curate its list of 27 favorite street foods sure to provide any traveler – from the novice to the pro – with a memorable, moveable feast.

http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/itine...foods-every-world-traveler-must-try-1C7201763

Espan, Kalboz and Sweet Willie like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    As usual this list lacks, so much more out there.

I do like takoyaki, I did not have it while in Japan, however the local Japanese supermarket near me has takoyaki from time to time, delicious.

Espan and Kalboz like this.
  3. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I thought, "dang, the list should be a lot longer," then I at least saw the link to the slideshow.

Then I thought, "damn, I will never eat Bunny Chow."

Sweet Willie likes this.