ICON Autograph Hotel in Houston

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by T5campbell, Dec 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. T5campbell

T5campbell Silver Member

My wife and I just used 25K points for a one night stay at the ICON in Houston for our anniversary. The hotel is neat, but the service is bad. Starts with the room. We were told the morning of our arrival that they had a suite guaranted for us. It wasn't. The room we had was ok. The shower did not drain properly, and the cleaning service left the last persons socks in the room in the closet. I called and told them twice about the situation and if they could take care it while we are out to dinner. Nothing was done.

The breakfast in the morning they charged $18.00 per person the food had a horrible presentation and found hairs in the bacon, eggs, and potatoes.

The SPA employees were rude and the cost was over priced.

The staff had no sense of urgency.

This was the worse Marriott I have ever been to, and strongly suggest you guys stay away.
  2. WilCo
    Original Member

WilCo Silver Member

Recommend a tripadvisor review if you have not done so already. I know I use it significantly more than milepoint for hotel advice. Thanks for the review.
  3. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Any updates since 2012? The (handpicked?) reviews on Marriott.com are glowing from higher-tier elite members. I'm planning a one-night stay in February '15, and would love to hear about some more updated experiences here. I trust MP members more than TripAdvisor...

4. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

I haven't stayed there in more than a year. When possible ($'s) I like to stay at Autograph's. If you have the chance you should try the Algonquin in NYC for a real treat. I weigh the TripAdvisor reviews by looking at reviewers with ratings similar to mine - from out of the area, much travel, and then what is said.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    theBOAT likes this.