Iceland: First Lady angry at British Airways: lost luggage 3 times - revenge for volcano?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by sobore, Aug 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.pressan.is/News/ReadIcel...25252b1%25252525253d%252525252540%25252525254

In three different flights with British Airways, Dorrit Moussaieff, the First Lady of Iceland, did not receive her luggage, and has consequently said that the airline’s service is appalling.

The first time was on plane en route from London to Geneva, Switzerland, for a skiing trip. The second time was on her way to Tel Aviv, and the third time was on her trip to Russia to moderate a talk show.
    In a discussion with the London Evening Standard, Dorrit said, “I do not want any special treatment, I just want my luggage.” She continues, “I stopped flying with them a couple of years ago because of their terrible service.”

Read More: http://www.pressan.is/News/ReadIcel...25252b1%25252525253d%252525252540%25252525254

2. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    More likely that the BA baggage handlers lost their savings in the Iceland crash in 2008.

3. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also, the article is two years old!

4. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sadly it's still relevant. As I type this I am on day 5 waiting for my luggage from BA in London, and this is the third time in two years they have lost my bags. At least the other times my bags were delivered within a day or two; this length of time is ridiculous. :mad:

5. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    :eek: ....the only time I flew BA they lost my luggage for two days.... LHR-VCE

6. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't fly BA enough to be subjected to this aspect of their poor service with regularity. I will say that of the two intercontinental flights I've taken on TK in the past two years, luggage was lost @ IST for ten days both times and in one case ended up back at the shark tank after vacation was done. The Gaullists have also done a good job losing my bags and in particular at PRG, twice in a row after TATL itins.

7. evanderm

evanderm Silver Member

Status Points:
    BA has been slow whenever I've checked a bag (usually on a connection) but AF/KL have delayed my bag almost without fail on every (direct) flight I've checked a bag with them.