Ice Cream Sundaes On Airplanes: Why They’re Awesome

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Efficient Asian Man wrote a post yesterday entitled "Things I Don't Get: Sundaes on Airplanes:" "The biggest issue that I have is that the sundaes generally aren’t very good. Maybe I’d be happier if I were a 5th grader going to an ice cream social, but I really don’t want to be eating bad quality ice cream with my choice of hot fudge, caramel, nuts, fruit syrup, and whipped cream. Especially since ice cream served on planes is often served rock hard. There’s also some odd element of the infantilization of premium class passengers. I admit that I am a total pajama-on-airplanes convert, but it’s strange how some elements of premium class travel seem to encourage reversion to younger states of life (another example: cookies and milk on AA)." The post Ice Cream Sundaes On Airplanes: Why They’re Awesome appeared first on One Mile at a Time. CommentsSurprised Lufthansa doesn't have ice cream. They eat more ice ... by AlexI really don't like the sundaes (or the cookies). The Lufthansa ... by Jeff R@Sean M. brings an interesting point. Air Canada serve ice ... by lhfliegerI'd happily take that elderflower soup or tomato confit (or ... by EfficientAsianManLove the AA ice cream sundae but admittedly feel embarrassed ... by pavelPlus 5 more...Related StoriesFree Heathrow Express UpgradeGo Surfing At Munich Airport!Uber Announces UberPool Carpooling

Continue reading...