Ice Cream in the Lounge

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by igloocoder, Jun 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got to YHZ's MLL and they now have a small cooler filled with ice cream and the such. The orange sherbet I grabbed is Breyers brand. Not sure if this is an across the board thing, but will advise about what I find in YOW in a few hours.

canucklehead likes this.
  2. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    We noticed this in YYC yesterday also. But we missed out! My daughter and I arrived in the lounge about 330 and noticed it but thought we would wait for the soup at 4:30 and then have some afterwards. So after the incredibly delicious Pad Thai Chicken Curry soup she went back to the machine to grab some ice cream and they lock the ice cream machine at 4:30! Oh well, next time.

3. PtsHawg
    Original Member

PtsHawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    They have it at YUL as well--looks like an across-the-board thing.

4. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am pretty sure I have seen ice cream in the YYZ MLL in the summertime, but sherbet is a nice twist!

5. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was in YOW too. Got there at about 5pm and it was covered with a white table cloth. While at first I thought this was a good idea, I'm now questioning some of the execution. The coolers I've seen are the same as those found in a convenience store; advertising and all. Seeing what amounts to a billboard in the lounge is a bit of a turn off. I thought the same thing about the RIM stuff that used to be in the YYZ domestic lounge. I like that the lounges have been a bit of an escape from non-subtle advertising. I'm sure I'll get over this and just enjoy the treats on Friday afternoons in the YHZ lounge.

6. wwtsang

wwtsang Silver Member

Status Points:
    i wouldn't mind the advertising if it makes ice cream available for longer periods of time, "RIM is proud to bring you ice cream after 4:30pm"