ICC (India Call Center) experiences

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by chemist562, Feb 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. chemist562
    Original Member

chemist562 In Memorian

Status Points:
    Although I don't fly UA much as present (used to be 1K 2002-2005), what experiences have you had with the ICC (India Call Center)?

My experiences have been mixed. For simple requests, they are OK. For more complicated questions, they have messed up my reservations. I had to either try to call until I get a US call center (Hawaii is the best!, Chicago decent & Dearborn OK) or on two occasions, I had to get things corrected at the airport. :mad:

ICC happens almost all the time at the General Member (no status) level and quite a bit at Premier. Less often with Prem Ex (only twice for me & I called back) and rarely with 1K.

2. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not a fan. A lot of them seem to be lacking proper training and know very little about United policy. I usually have to call back several times to get something accomplished (or call back until I reach an American call center)...and nothing against Indian people; I'm married to one.

3. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    ...or i do

4. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Though quite useful if you are trying to get around a policy ;)

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  5. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    ICC has been downright horrible for me... The only credit I can really give is that most agents really DO try to help... I have had one agent who did everything possible to end my call ASAP and I guess that agent was trying to score points for highest # of calls handled per hour :rolleyes:

6. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is an elite ICC number for united.com, and these agents are often much better than the basic web support line. I have had both good and atrocious service on both lines, but the elite web support line is usually better.

7. sunseeker
    Original Member

sunseeker Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does CO currently use an off shore call center?

As a 1K for the last five years, I have never encountered the Indian call centers and am hoping to keep that record.

8. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    CO does not use off shore call centers, I believe... That is why their call centers are miles better than UA for general customers....

sunseeker likes this.
  9. lhrsfo
    Original Member

lhrsfo Silver Member

Status Points:
    In the UK, the local 1K line goes through to the ICC, but presumably a special desk there. I have found these agents to be super-friendly and helpful. A recent experience got me exactly what I wanted, whereas I was hitting some roadblocks on the US number.

10. cooljw

cooljw Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a U.S. 1K I often get the ICC. However, it is my preference to talk to someone in the U.S. - they are just easier to communicate with.

11. Sean
    Original Member

Sean Gold Member

Status Points:
    but.....that's also why it can be impossible to reach a CO call center during a period of sustained widespread IRROPs

They went with fewer agents at great quality, so it pays off most of the time. However I doubt any of the customers who were hung up on or told to try again later during some of this year's winter storms will soon forget that experience.

12. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    The ICC once told me that UA does not fly directly into CLT from anywhere only US Airways serves it. I hung up.[​IMG]

13. FWFDAN
    Original Member

FWFDAN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Years ago ICC messed up my E+ seating (paid for it at the time) and when I called they saw the problem and moved me to 1F. I tried to explain to them I did not buy first class and they refused to move me to E+ The airport was not happy when they tried to move me back, saw the history and realized the error. I moved back, but the refund of the fee and a travel voucher was quite nice.