IC Warsaw

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Andyandy, Apr 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is your Priority Club status?
    Platinum Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
    Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
    Booked the cheapest Best available rate @ 75 Eur. Booking remained the same online, i.e. no advance upgrade. I needed two seperate beds and at check-in, I was given a 2 bed club-level room with club access.

How are the rooms?
    Decent sized room with flat-screen. Excellent views of Warsaw and the Palace of Culture (I think that's what it's called). Comfortable beds and well-insulated windows. There is a large construction project going on next door and it was barely audible. Bathroom has Elemis toiletries including conditioner (unlike the former IC Berlin).

How was the minibar? (I've always thought RA reviews needed a section for this!)
    Quite good. The minibar included 2x Belvedere, 1x Bison grass vodka, 2x other Polish vodka, 1x Glenfiddich, 2x Grants, 1x Remy VSOP, 1x Gordons Gin, 2x Jack, 2x JW Black, 1 Bacardi, 1x Sekt (175ml), 2x white Bordeaux, 1x red Bordeaux, 2x Tyskie Beer, 1x Pilsner Urquell, and various soft drinks, water, juice.

How is the exec. lounge?
    Very good lounge. Hours are 6:30-21:00. Breakfast 6:30-10:00 (weekdays) 8:00-10:00 (Sat.-Sun.), Tea 15:00-17:00, Dinner 18:00-20:00.

Beer, juices and water available during all open hours. Breakfast was fairly typical continental with eggs available to order. Dinner was 4 hot dishes (pork cutlets, salmon, potato casserole, and green beans when I was there) plus breads cheeses, and little desserts. Decent but not extensive open bar during dinner hours.

Comfortable seating throughout the lounge and 2 computers with internet access available. Wi-Fi also in Lounge. One of my favorite features was a bar seating area in the central section of the lounge facing the picture windows looking out over the city.

What was your welcome gift?
    Bottle of Argentinian red wine and some chocolates. Same wine as was on offer in the Lounge.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
    Yes

What was good and what was bad?
    Good
    • Nice view.
      • Club Access
        • Cheap rate

• Bad
        Truly astonishing price for international phone call. I mean astonishing.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
        Good value at 75 Eur.

Would you return?
        Yes, if I found myself going back to Warsaw. (don't expect to)