IC Toronto City Centre

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by NE Flyer, Apr 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NE Flyer

NE Flyer Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has stayed at the IC Toronto City Centre recently. I have an upcomming stay there and have booked a king bedroom junior suite. Does anyone know what kind of upgrade I can expect.

Also does anyone have the contact info for the GM or someone else that can help: I was hoping to contact the management and ask for a special upgrade...

THanks much!

uggboy likes this.
  2. I have stayed there and think its a fine property.
    To understand your upgrade wishes we would need to know what status you have with IC. Generally a full one bedroom suite is the upgrade from a junior suite.

uggboy likes this.
  3. NE Flyer

NE Flyer Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi Terry, sorry for omitting the pertinent details. I am a plat/ambassador. I had hopes of making RA but I think they are starting to dim...I have had about40 or so paid nights all at ICs (the majority were at one IC but I have also hit two more on paid stays and one more on a redemption) since last September.

uggboy likes this.
  4. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Standards at this IC are certainly not up to world standards. Had to spend a night in my home city the other day and selected this IC as it was close by. While as an RA I was upgraded to a junior suite on a Club floor, I never received any of my Ambassador amenities: water, fruit, gift. Assumed these would be delivered to me in the evening while I was out of the room, but returning around midnight and not even a turndown! (And three dirty glasses that had been left in the hall at the door, assumedly to be picked up, were not gone either. Even the following morning!) After an exemplary stay at the IC Instanbul, this was almost HI level service!

uggboy likes this.
  5. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was very happy staying at this IC as an Ambassador last May. Got fruit, water, and Myple Syrup as a present. I also remember that I liked the lounge. I liked this hotel better than the other IC, Yorkville.

Xxx.

uggboy likes this.
  6. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't know what the upgrade is when you book a junior suite, but generally the standard ambassador upgrade is from a regular room (low floor) to a junior suite. If they have an available one bedroom suite available, you will be upgraded to that. If they are short on those, you will receive the junior suite and club access (not a great club, but decent)

uggboy likes this.
  7. http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/intercontinental-toronto-centre.1847/

Yola Marshall is the Sales Director, email Yola.Marshall@ihg.com, I found her very helpful, you may be better off giving her a call.

sobore, uggboy and SQ LPP like this.
  8. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Long time ago, I stayed at this hotel. Basically I was out the whole day and night to be with my frequent flyers buddies from Chicago and London. When checked-in around 1pm, I just dropped my roller bag in the room and did not pay any attention to the suite. (I paid the lowest weekend rate, but the hotel was rather empty at that night)
    Arriving back in my room past 2am to have nightcaps with friends, we noticed these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, no tv in the living room as well as in the bed room. I went downstairs to the receptionist desk. They thought I was crazy. I told them that I did not want to get charged in my CC for those missing tvs. I told them to put a note in my file. They called someone to verify I guess...
    I did not know what happened to those tv. But it was an experience to have such an unusual situation.
    :)

GoodBoy, sobore and uggboy like this.
  9. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder what happened to them? I'm sure they are now replaced!:)

GoodBoy likes this.
  10. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I stayed again recently, I could not get the same room.. :) So, I could not find out what kind of replacement they installed.

Tim O'Brien and uggboy like this.