IC Panama

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by londoncalling, Feb 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anybody stayed at either IC in Panama? If so I would appreciate your views of either property.

uggboy and tondoleo like this.
  2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the IC Playa Bonita in January 2013. The food on site was horrible. The physical structure is not comfortable.The staff was very polite and respectful. As an IC Ambassador I was given an upgrade to a suite and a noon check in. The beach is okay. The hotel was very crowded with large tour and convention/meeting groups. I was part of the latter which brought me there. Normally, I stay at a hotel away from the meetings since it is more pleasant. This was not possible for this trip.

Adjacent to the IC is a gigantic Westin. Ugly structure. Bad food too.

I was very happy to go home.

uggboy and MX like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting insights. Thanks for sharing.

4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  5. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Just back from a stay at the IC Miramar in Panama City.

Hotel property is quite nice from the lobby to the pool and restaurant areas but goes downhill i a hurry as one hits the rooms which are quite dated. I had a nice corner quite facing the ocean. The room itself was clean but very dated.

Service levels were quite erratic. There were days w/o face cloths and days w/o robes or proper soap, etc. The mini bar was only serviced when I called them and the English newspaper only got to my door once in several days. The lounge is nice but smallish while the food and drinks available there is pretty slim pickings. Fortunately breakfast was included in the main restaurant. Their evening restaurant buffets were quite decent.

I rate this as one of the poorer IC I have been in and that is now about 50 of them over the last few years.

uggboy likes this.
  6. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ach; that's disappointing to hear. I was considering heading there for a short holiday.

uggboy likes this.
  7. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Would you be disappointed? I think the overall hotel facilities kind of make up for the outdated rooms. The pool area, restaurant and bar are quite nice. Poor service in the room could have been related to the fact it was "Carnaval". But that was my experience.

uggboy likes this.