IC Osaka Opening June 5

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by splat, May 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. splat

splat Silver Member

Status Points:
    I already have reservations in Osaka as part of a trip to Japan (St. Regis) but was thinking I might change to the newly opening IC. It's located closer to Osaka Station, but I've never stayed at an IC before and wondered if anyone had any thoughts as to how the two compare.

I see points or points and cash are available and I could transfer some UR points to cover the stay. I'm still mulling over whether spending $ on Ambassador status would be worth it. The room level covered by points is called "signature" and if I read the website correctly the next room up is a 1 bedroom. I have read however that hotels in Asia aren't the best at accommodating Ambassador upgrades. I have no idea and I don't find that much info on the new hotel on the web.

Anyone have any thoughts or additional info? Thanks much

sobore likes this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    From what I read, IHG doesn't acknowledge Status on Award stays, only paid stays.

Also UR to IHG points is a HORRIBLE value. :(

3. splat

splat Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't know status on award stays null so that's good to know. As far as value, the flex rate on the room is 360, so if point cost if 30k, I guess it's a wash - not an outstanding value.

One thing I didn't follow was pricing said an additional 40.00 per 2nd adult. I don't think I've ever stayed somewhere where it was a single occupancy rate with an additional charge for 2nd adullt. Is this standard with IC?

I guess I'll have to wait until opening to see some reviews/pics. Traveling at the end of June so not a ton of time to decide whether to try it or not.

edekba likes this.
  4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never seen that before... then again I always book 1/2 and then come 2 or 3+. Never really had an issue unless i needed an extra bed.

5. Aditya Vyas
    Original Member

Aditya Vyas Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have stayed in Ana crown plaza and they have recognized my platinum ambassador status. Would love to hear your feedback on IC Osaka.