IC Osaka - Fabulous Hotel!

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by basq1, Dec 13, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. basq1

basq1 New Member

IMG_8561.JPG IMG_8594.JPG IMG_8572.JPG IMG_8578.JPG
    I stayed at the one year old IC Osaka twice in October 2014.
    What a beautiful hotel! I was VERY impressed! I absolutely love the rooms. I was expecting a small room like how many Japanese hotel rooms are, but I was amazed at how large the room was. Check out the photos I uploaded. The location is extremely convenient and it is definitely one of my favorite hotels. The only shortcoming is the meager breakfast buffet - way inferior to any IC breakfast buffet that I have ever had. The good news is there is a massive amount of restaurants nearby.

My impression of this hotel is in comparison to the following IC hotels that I have stayed at:
    IC Hong Kong - have stayed here 6 times- a wonderful hotel.
    IC Grand Stanford Hong Kong - have stayed here 2 times - just OK, not interested in coming back.
    IC Bali - have stayed here 4 times and coming back again in fall - fabulous hotel and one of my all time favorites.
    IC Singapore stayed 1 time - nice hotel in a great location.
    IC Monterey - have stayed here 4 times - a very nice hotel in a great location.
    Compared to all of the above hotels, I think the IC Osaka by far has the best standard and superior rooms, even better than the rooms at the IC Hong Kong. But the view at IC Hong Kong is hands down the absolute best.
    In all my years of travel, the IC Osaka standard and superior rooms are the best that I have ever had, including even in comparison to the fabulous Four Seasons Hong Kong that I stayed at when it was brand new.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Thanks for your review and welcome to MP! @basq1
    londoncalling and Newscience like this.
  3. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

It does look really nice.
  4. Fishing4Deals

Fishing4Deals Silver Member

Do you happen to know if you earn IHG points for paid hotel stays in Japan?