IC new york Barclay

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by guinnessxyz, Mar 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Having stayed at the Tines square property I must admit there is no comparison between the two. The Barclay is a class above with its elegance.

GoodBoy and uggboy like this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow. I think of the Barclay as one of the worst purportedly four-star hotels in the city. While the Times Square property is far from great, I've had so many issues with the Barclay over the years as to never return.

Divergent views....that's what makes a market.

GoodBoy, uggboy and skyvan like this.
  3. had no issues with getting a suite and the 2nd room booked on points was upgraded to a mini suite with some nice a$$ kissing to the Ambassador manager. Yes, they have one on property. My suite has been "refreshed" and is quite nicely furnished plus has all HD TV stations.

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    While I don't usually want to stay around Times Square I actually like the Times Square property better, maybe because I tend to like newer and more modern rather than stale and old world-ish.

5. The word stale would have applied to the Barclay last time I was here about 2 years ago but it looks "refreshed" and classic these days.

6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I guess I haven't walked inside the Barclay since December 2011. Hard to imagine it's that different but great if it is.

7. I'm also of a classical age and that maybe part of my taste for the Barclay !!!:D However, I also like the IC HK and the London Park Lane