IC Montelucia Scottsdale

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by kellio, Aug 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kellio
    Original Member

kellio Gold Member

Stayed here this past weekend as an Amb. I booked a deluxe king and was upgraded to a Oasis village pool deluxe king. Building 5 is a very convenient building to be in, facing the Oasis pool but close to the Kasbah, spa and restaurants.

On the weekends the Kasbah pool is one big party, reminding me of the pool parties in Vegas. Loud thumping music all day. If you are looking for some peace make sure you get a room in the Oasis pool area. I'm not sure if they do this year round or only in the summer to cater to the local crowd.

Montelucia does not seem very family oriented during the summer. Kasbah is a little too crazy for kids and the Oasis is an adult pool only.

On Saturday a family complained about the Kasbah pool and were given permission to go to the Oasis pool. Kids will be kids in a pool and promptly ticked of the guests of the Oasis pool...who rightly didn't want the kids in the adult pool. No win situation.

The beds here are awesome and the rooms are nice and good sized. The toiletries are by "Sprout Oil" which I guess fits in with the spa theme. Funny little sayings on the bottles - " This conditioner is so green you should be sprouting leaves"

Spa treatments were great but pricey as expected. I had chosen a package which gives a bit of a discount off of 2 services. The spa adds a 20% gratuity automatically and charges the 20% on the cost of each treament individually rather than on the package price. They will reduce it if you ask. Just annoys me being nickeled and dimed by resorts.

Speaking of nickeled and dimed, yes I was charge the 24.00 per night resort charge. Plus tax! on the resort charge.

Fruit and water were waiting in my room when we arrived. The next day the water wasn't replenished and when I asked the front desk about it was told that it wasn't an ambassador amenity to receive water every day. Only the first day. I didn't make a fuss about be he did call back 5 minutes later and said water would be delivered.

All in all a good stay. Loved the beds, loved the spa.