IC Manila

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by guinnessxyz, Nov 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. I just booked 5 nights at this property in early December. Anyone been there?

uggboy likes this.
  2. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it is an older IC but in great shape, nice club lounge and decent size pool that is never busy. Location is great, across from the Mall....tons of Restaraunts, bars and shopping(all high end). Museum Cafe at the mall, runs an amazing brunch....the mall has tons of outdoor space and is a hotspot in general. I will say again, Prime location and nice place overall.

Are you an RA or Ambassador ect, what kind of info are you looking for. Always good about upgrades ect, lots of business travellers here.

You can get anywhere you want in minutes. If you havent been to Manila before, let me know and I can give you lots of details if you want.

uggboy likes this.
  3. Thank you for the info. I am an RA.

You said older but in great shape. Are the rooms updated or in reasonably good shape?
    I have several meetings around town over the period I'm there. Are taxis reliable or is it more advisable to get a car and driver from the hotel.
    I will be there over a weekend. Any ideas of things to do and see would be welcome.

uggboy likes this.
  4. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    The rooms are fine, lowest level still gets a nice upgrades room. 2 cat minimum as an RA and the lounge/Club staff will take care of you. I am content here....location is also prime.

Taxis are cheap and reliable in Manila. Or you can hire a car and driver for the day, should be around 80 for the day,not sure what the hotel charges. I prefer just taking cabs, they are cheap, just make Sure that they turn on the meter, always just say Meter when you get in the cab, if they so no...get out and another cab will be sitting there waiting for you. Taxis are everywhere and i only get a driver if heading to further away places like Santa Rosa ect because transport outside of Manila can be more problematic. If you are in Manila metro No issues.
    From the airport, just take a METERED taxi.(ask as they are just off to the side, but readily available) They will write down the liscence plate there, and you will never have an issue....only about 250-300 pesos. Always tell the driver to use the Skyway, as its faster and will only cost you a few pesos extra.....including from the airport. I only use metered cabs, since I am cheap and they are everywhere. The hotel can just whistle one when you are ready to go somewhere from the hotel as they dont need to be organized in advance, it takes 1 minute once your outside.

Rooms are fine, dont remeber Ipad docking station ect, but everything else is fine. I will PM you a list of activities, ie things you may want to see and do while your there.... I think that i booked a club room and they put me in an executive suite, its 1200+ sq feet and nice.(not sure what the name was, full size dining table ect) The hotel isnt as nice/new as the Shangri-la ect, but RA benifts compensate for this. Greenbelt shopping area is across the street, so everything you need is there for evening food ect. I prefer local places, so I dont know anything about the IC restaraunts ect.

uggboy likes this.
  5. Thank you very much. I am a relatively experienced Asian traveller but MNL is a new spot for me so your info is very helpful. I look forward to your PM. I agree that being RA does make a big difference when their are aparently better hotels nearby. That is what loyalty should be about.

uggboy likes this.
  6. ShrinkTheGlobe

ShrinkTheGlobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed there on an award stay. As a platinum I was upgraded to a deluxe room and given 2 drink vouchers to the Gambrinus Bar. There was also a fruit plate of mango and apple brought to the room. Everything in the hotel was in good condition. Every staff member I encountered was genuinely nice. I would definitely stay there again.

If you have a lower level front facing room you may hear some Christmas music until 9 or 10 pm in the plaza out front.

One thing I found strange was that to get to the pool from the elevator you had to get off at the 3rd floor and walk down the stairway to get to the back of the pool. A much more direct route would be to just go to the ground floor and just enter the pool that way.

uggboy likes this.
  7. I just arrived and got a three grade room uplift to a massive two bedroom suite with its own sauna and three bathrooms. they apparently didn't have any non smoking basic suites available. I was greeted very nicely at the club level desk on the 14th floor.

ShrinkTheGlobe and uggboy like this.
  8. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    Loyalty is rewarded...... Damn them for not giving me that suite!!

Enjoy Philippines! There is also a day trip down past Santa Rosa, you need a car or driver for the day. Old Volcanic lake, with a restaraunt ect. I have heard this is very nice although I still havent made it there, and you have lots of other options. http://www.taalvolcano.net/

uggboy likes this.
  9. I am once again at the IC Manila and was not too pleased with my checkin experience. Considering my RA status they did not offer me an upgrade and tried to pawn a smoking room off on me. I finally got a "delux" NS room on the 5th floor and yesterday the manager called and offered to upgrade me to a junior suite which I took. they have been apoogetic as all get out but the aftertaste of checkin still lingers. The fact they are sold out should not change what room I get especially since my reservation was made about 15 days prior. I negotiated a deal with them to allow my travel associate free lounge access for the remaining three days here as part of their apology. They nearly choked over that request but gave in.

uggboy likes this.
  10. txmoney

txmoney Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not a bad hotel. Some what dated. I find the cabs in Manila to be very stressful. I prefer a private car. I generally only spend a day or two before going to Subic Bay. I spend most of my time in Subic. I have had issues where the cab leaves the hotel then pulls over and asked how much I'm going to tip before he will take me to my destination.

guinnessxyz likes this.
  11. I never taxis there for those same reasons. You are right, hotel is a little dated.

12. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Definitely dated. I've stayed in the Presidential Suite here a couple of times. Hopping club scene, just off the pool. Some housekeeping issues / lack of attention to detail. Great service in the club lounge, decent spread at breakfast and in the evenings.