IC Houston Galleria

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by DJP_707, Aug 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    IC Houston Galleria

What is your Priority Club status?

RA Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes, I was immediately welcomed as an RA and front desk manger came over to shake my hand, explained my upgrade, club access, free internet etc..told me to call immediately if any problems or I needed anything. After checking in was introduced to the rooms manger who asked if he could walk with me to the elevator, asked if I had stayed here before, asked what business I was in , offered to guarantee the same great rate if ever need to return, gave me his card, said to call if I ever need anything, and sent me up the elevator to my room. Everyone was super friendly.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked standard room on Gov-rate, ($109) got a directors parlor suite, Also got club-access.

How are the rooms?

Room was OK, Clean, neat, nice bedding, extra pillows, etc.. The suite real wasn't a suite it was two adjoining king rooms (with the little double locking door between) one was the bedroom, the other was made up as the parlor, with sleeper sofa, table chairs etc..Thus I had two complete baths, and two min bars, one in each room. Room was at the end of the hall on the top floor and was very quite.

What was your welcome gift?

a tiny box of Priority club mints handed to me at check in.

Did you receive fruit in the room?

YES, one apple on a plate with 3 chocolate truffles, two wine glasses and a bottle of merlot, and a bottle of Fiji Water, along with a welcome card.

How is the exec. lounge?

I really liked this lounge. The food at the evening were very nice, a couple hot appetizers and fruit cheese, crackers, brushsceta, wine, beer, coffee, espresso. I left before getting breakfast no idea how that was. In the evening the waiter brings you what looks like a check, in a leather folder. Inside they want you to acknowledged, your name room number, RA, or if you paid up to the lounge floor, and then it explains the value of the service you just received, evening service is valued at $26.00, Breakfast is like $18.00, etc.. not sure the purpose of this.

What was good?

* The view was nice
    * Free lounge access for RA
    * Free internet for RA
    * Got free my free movie.
    * Two mini bars to raid.

What was bad?

nothing really, well self park in garage was $16.00 valet would have been $26.00

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

Yes. with the double point promo I got 6000 point for $109.

Would you return?

Yes.

Click here for Photos.

uggboy and sobore like this.
  2. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like this hotel is no longer and IC. Not listed on the website anymore and the ICHouston.com says after 7/15/12 you have to call the hotel to make a reservation. Anybody know what this has changed to?

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe it is now the Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston.

From a TA review:

4. benthelefty

benthelefty Silver Member

Status Points:
    Happens to be right down the road from me. Good review :)

5. beth_odonnell

beth_odonnell Active Member

Status Points:
    The Crowne Plaza on Market St. in Philadelphia is now a Sonesta too. That was my closest Priority Club hotel.