IC Hong Kong Grand Stanford or CP Causeway Bay?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by no-backpacker, Feb 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Status Points:
    We, Mr. no-backpacker and me, will have 3 days in IC Hong Kong. My original booking was to switch to CP Causeway Bay for 6 days, go to Taiwan for 6 nights and then have 3 nights at IC HK Grand Stanford.

I now realized that IC GS is only around 70 USD more expensive than the CP and am now trying to deside if I want to change my booking from CP to IC... None of the stays have breakfast included but I have heard you can get lounge access at IC GS instead of an upgraded room, so think that the 70 USD extra could kind of cover the lounge access (I have heard it is called SPAVING....:)). However I have heard that lounge access is not what you want in HK because there are so many places you want to go to eat instead. On the other hand, I am not keen on going out to eat breakfast and am thinking that since having so many days, we might use the lounge more than if we had fewe days. I am chit-chatting, sorry...

Anybody having any input??? (I always have difficulties with taking desicions...:))

Xxx.

2. I don't think much of the Grand Stanford when compared with the HK IC.

The Causeway Bay is in a good location, different things to do etc, it's new, fresh, has great views, great bathrooms etc, personally I'd split the stay 3 in the IC and the other at CP Causeway Bay.

3. no-backpacker
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Ah, thanks a lot! This might be a strange question.... but is it possible to get western breakfast in any cafe's around the hotels, or do I need to have breakfast at the hotel is I want bread for breakfast? I know, I said I hate to run around for breakfast, but I guess breakfast at the hotel is expensive (at least compared to the price outside the hotel...:))....:).

Xxx.

4. I love the IC GS event though its not as good as the IC HK but it is avery nice hotel, about $100USD cheaper, and has great rooms for RA's in particular. The buffet breakfast there is also very good and there are "sort of" western restaurants in the general area. I have always eaten breakfast at the hotel though.

5. I ahve just checked into the IC GS and got a nice suite. They offered me free lounge access instead of the suite but I chose the suite and asked what it cost to get into the lounge. Its exhorbitantly priced at almost $100USD per night.

It maybe worth it if there are two people in the room but not as a single.

6. no-backpacker
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I ended up staying the first three night at IC HK, the next six nights at IC GS without suite, but with lounge-access and the last three nights, after Taipei, in IC GS with lounge. Three weeks left... yey!!! :)

Xxx.

7. gujjuglobal
    Original Member

gujjuglobal Active Member

Status Points:
    Stayed at CP last Oct. Very good location, newer hotel and have a nice feature where you can take the loaner cell phone that is connected to your room number. No charge ! All incoming call to that room on the cell are free.