IC Davos, Switzerland

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rosalia, Jul 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Excellent stay, wonderful hotel, very big suite : service, cleanliness and comfort of the rooms are exceptional.
    I am not going to write a full review, but just to respond to one of Milepoint member concerning the mini-bar, he stated that there is no alcohol availble in the mini-bar, he is right and I got the explanation from the management : it is simply because the mini-bar is complimentary to all guests of the hotel.

Lionell and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the overview and the Mini Bar, that's most interesting, it's probably one of the very few IC's where the Mini Bar is complimentary for all guests. Glad you've enjoyed your stay and informed us here on MP about it. It's always great to hear.

3. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    In June 2014 I looked at the IC Davos from the outside and had also inquired via e-mail what IC Ambassador will give me at the IC Davos but then decided to stay at the Sheraton in Davos. SPG Platinum gives complimentary breakfast at the Sheraton but IC Ambassador status does not. On another note the Sheraton was also a lot cheaper. We did start hiking from the foot of the IC Davos which was great and there is a mountain bike training area and a Tree climbing course all within 5 minutes from the IC Davos. IF the Ambassador program would improve (on paid and award stays) and offer what Gold with Marriott, Hilton and Platinum with Accor, SPG and Diamond with Hyatt will give then, only then would I stay at Priority Club Hotels more often. I like many of the IC's but the no breakfast and no lounge access are a big point of consideration for me.

uggboy and Rosalia like this.
  4. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thomask, Royal Ambassadors get Breakfast free and all kinds of drinks at the happy hour every day from 6 to 8 p.m

uggboy likes this.
  5. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know, but I am not Royal- just the simple Ambassador. (the one where you have to pay once a year. ;-) When I enquired about the Ambassador benefits they told me they would upgrade us to a Suite room. But In Switzerland, Restaurants are so expensive and can not really afford to eat out much. That's when I booked the Sheraton because I at least get Breakfast buffet there.

uggboy likes this.
  6. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just completed a 4 night stay there as a RA. The hotel is fantastic but needs a lot of work in getting service levels up to speed. There was no evening turndown, no newspaper delivered to my door, lounge was closed,etc. The mini bar had 4 beer in it but no other booze. In talking with staff it appears management has not pulled their staff together in a coherent manner. Part of it, as explained to me, is the fact it is off season and indeed the hotel was not nearly full. That should not interfere with service levels however. I had a great corner suite on the 6th floor and the hotel shows well in its decor and space. With the lounge being closed for seasonal reasons a happy hour coupon was given that allowed unlimited free drinks from a very limited menu in the bar from 6 to 8 every evening. A very small platter of hors d'oeuvres was served. Breakfast in the main dining room was very good and free, or should I say included in the room rate.

Rosalia, Thomask and uggboy like this.
  7. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I must have been at the same time, londoncalling..from September 26 to September 29.
    You are right, no club lounge for the moment, but instead, the happy hour.
    I had my newspaper delivered to my door and the evening turndown...I simply had to ask for the newspaper...
    The service I must say depends on the staff, I noticed some are excellent and others need training...
    All in all, I had a wonderful stay and the rate was convenient, the breakfast being free for RA.

uggboy and londoncalling like this.
  8. londoncalling

Status Points:
    We were there at the same time, I from the 25th to 29th. the newspaper issue depends on what paper you request. They seem to have trouble with getting enough english papers, at least that was my understanding. The evening turndown is puzzling. I was in a suite on the 6th floor as a RA and asked for the turndown but it never appeared and they told me I didn't need to leave the service light on. I was there with my wife and I am a silver haired devil with a "handsome" beer gut. LOL
    The rate was quite convenient as I had two paid nights at a good rate and two points nights.

uggboy and Rosalia like this.
  9. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi again Londoncalling,
    I received a French newspaper.
    I paid my three nights since I am excited to receive bonus points or free nights in the IHG intothenights promotion.
    I was on the 6th floor in an Alpine Executive room, 62sqm.
    Going back next friday for other three or four nights. They offer me an Alpine Suite, did you have this 92sqm suite?
    I imagine you are the couple who was on the bar's terrace, on saturday evening.....you changed table ....right?

uggboy and londoncalling like this.
  10. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Yes it was room 602 in the corner and was 92 SQM. Nice and quiet and a wake up to spectacular views.
    And yes we did change our table on Saturday evening as my wife was feeling to cooler breeze.

uggboy likes this.
  11. dmaphy

dmaphy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed here last month for one night. Since its opening last year this hotel was in the local newspapers quite often and I finally got the chance to try it myself. I booked a paid rate which was quite convenient.

As mentioned above, I was really impressed by this hotel. Im have no status at IHG or Intercontinental. However the free minibar, fruits, free use of public transport and especially the free use of all the mountain railways and gondolas is great and saves a lot of money.

I received a german newspaper. There are also many newspapers in different languages to download for free once you're logged in onto the local wifi.

This is a great hotel and I will likely return soon!

I just wrote a review in german on my blog. There are also some pictures I took during my stay.

Lionell, Rosalia and uggboy like this.
  12. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    EE
    Excellent review...I have also read your review in German, very nice pictures and perfect comments.

uggboy likes this.
  13. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    This IC hotel is still on our wish list for 2015!

Rosalia and uggboy like this.
  14. Lionell

Lionell Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice review!

Rosalia and uggboy like this.
  15. Ready2board

Ready2board Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you know if there is a parking fee, or can you also park outside (on the road) for free? Especially outside cities I find it needless to pay for parking. Especially in Switzerland which is a safe country.

Rosalia likes this.
  16. londoncalling

Status Points:
    I am not 100% sure but the outside parking lot just beside the front door is free I believe. I think inside valet parking is 30 euros per night.

17. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, no more free parking, we have to pay now CHF 30 per day outside and inside.

18. Ready2board

Status Points:
    Did anyone visited the lounge recently? Understand it's only open during wintertime.
    Curious to find out what is offered.

Rosalia likes this.
  19. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am right now in IC Davos, and they told me that the Club Lounge will be open on December 5.

londoncalling likes this.
  20. londoncalling

Status Points:
    is it pretty quiet there still? I'm jealous as I really like that property :cool:

Rosalia likes this.
  21. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    YES, Londoncalling...the weather was so nice during the whole week, I was very lucky. The Club lounge opens on December 5.
    Unfortunately won't be able to take advantage of it, the rates being so high in the winter season, will wait for spring to go there again.

londoncalling likes this.
  22. Ready2board

Status Points:
    Well during the last 48h. Sale the price was €169 a night which was not bad for this place. I could see they had lots of availability. Unfortunately I could not fit a stay in my agenda, but it's on the to do list :)

Rosalia likes this.
  23. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Maybe we will see you there in the spring as I will need to be in Italy sometime in April and would include Davos in my itinerary.

Rosalia likes this.
  24. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried to book, only one night was at this rate...the next day, no more possibility...too expensive...

25. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes of course, I might be there in April.