IC Chicago

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by foxberg, Feb 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    We were staying at this hotel in December of 2013. I booked it on the Ambassador Free Weekend night and we stayed there for the weekend. We arrived at the hotel around 11am. As a Platinum Ambassador they granted us an early check in, upgraded to a Junior Suite and were supposed to call me when the room would be ready, around 12pm. We went for a walk around the city and came back to the hotel by 3pm. The hotel never called us and 3pm was already a normal check in time. When I inquired about the room status we were told that the previous occupant was still in the room (late check out for Ambassadors is 4pm) and asked us if we wanted a different regular, but somehow better, room instead of the suite. I politely declined and said that I would rather wait. The hotel offered us two ding vouchers to the Michael Jordan Bar on premises. We went there to wait for them to call us. About 45 minutes later they did call and said that the room was still not ready and so they would put us in the one bedroom suite in the historic tower on the 23rd floor. So, after all the wait was worth it :). The suite was quite large with two bathrooms, two flat screen TVs, two minibars and coffee makers (Nespresso). The view from the room was quite stunning, overlooking Michigan Avenue and Chicago Tribune building. Like many other historic hotels the room should be due for a renovation though. The furniture looked quite mismatched and outdated. Our Ambassador "welcome gift" consisted of a package of a three little macaroons and there was fresh fruit in the room. All bottled water in the room was complimentary. All and all, we enjoyed our stay there and would gladly come back to the same hotel if and when we travel back to Chicago.
    P1030576.jpg

uggboy and MSYgirl like this.