IC Buckhead- Atlanta

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Andyandy, Aug 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    IC Atlanta- Buckhead

What is your Priority Club status?RA

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
    Yes and no.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
    Booked standard room, received Executive Suite

How are the rooms?
    Suites are at the end of the corridor on each floor. Living room and BR separated by corridor with 1 bath connecting to BR and corridor. Comfortable bed, large flatscreen TVs in LR and BR. Furniture was contemporary and in good condition.

What was your welcome gift? A small package of madeleines and a jar of Georgia peach preserves. No water except what was in the minibar.

Did you receive fruit in the room? No, but a tray of 5 chocolates was brought by after our arrival.

How is the exec. lounge?
    This is where the disappointment set in. The club lounge is closed for renovations, but the website doesn't indicate that. Nor were we told at checkin. Only when I called down to check on hours was I told. After some negotiations, breakfast in the lobby restaurant was offered as compensation.

How was the minibar?
    The minibar was a mixed bag. Lots of vodka (Ketel One, Grey Goose, Absolut), Sapphire Gin, Ten Cane Rum, Jack Daniels, Patron, decent mix of sodas/waters. No Champers, though it was listed on the "menu". Other items also were not stocked. No club soda, no tonic water.

What was good? The rooms are nicely appointed and the hardwood in the living areas is a good touch. The bed was quite comfortable. Upgrade was good.

What was bad?
    The absence of a club lounge. The restaurant and bar were also closed for renovations and the dining area shoehorned into the lobby was a bit sub par.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
    Still a nice hotel in a nice area, but had I known about the lounge, I probably would have stayed at the nearby W or Westin.

Would you return?
    Not until renovations are complete.

flyingdawg, sendaiben and uggboy like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your complete insights, big thanks for letting us know!:)

flyingdawg and Andyandy like this.
  3. studio253
    Original Member

studio253 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was just there over the weekend and the Club Lounge is back up and running. I stay here quite often when I'm in Atlanta and I've always been upgraded to the Club level even on rewards nights.

Andyandy likes this.