Ibis Budget

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by sfo1, Apr 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone tried the new Ibis Budget Hotels? I have stayed in two in the past 3 months and found the value terrific, small clean rooms, free wifi, flat screen TV.

Fredrik, TravelBear and uggboy like this.
  2. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Ibis Zurich Messe Airport which I don't think is technically in their budget series. It was a very basic room dressed in Ikea-esque furniture. The bathroom was small but sufficient. It was around $100 a night....in ZURICH!

sfo1 and uggboy like this.
  3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The two that I have stayed in, one in Madrid and the other in Krakow were around 35euros per night, breakfast not included.

TravelBear likes this.
  4. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Accor rebranded their Ibis hotels and they now have three groups falling under that: Ibis, Ibis Styles and Ibis Budget. I stayed at an Ibis Budget last year in Berlin when it was branded as an ETAP when my normal Holiday Inn Express nearby was priced too high. I thought it was a little too austere for me, particularly with no comfortable lounge chair or sofa in the room to kick back in. Might be good for a single night stay but I want something a little more comfortable for a couple days.

sfo1 and TravelBear like this.
  5. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    I understand what you are saying, though, I am good just hanging out on the bed. Comfort for me at this point is at least a clean, dry room that is solely mine. Ahead of my hostel days :)

eponymous_coward and sfo1 like this.
  6. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree, I have never stayed in a Hostel, don't think I would have liked it even in my younger years. But you describe exactly what you get at Budget Ibis, value, at the right price. The only thing I did not like was sitting on a stool without a back on it working on my computer, now that is "back breaking work" Right now I want to book a Ibis Budget in Paris for Christmas, but apparently you can only book Ibis Budget 220 days out. But if they hold their prices, 44euro's a night won't be bad at all, right now I am booked into an Ibis for my Christmas dates at 99euro's, that's way to much for what I need. Also, not to get off topic, I can't understand why anyone would pay $200.00 or more for a hotel room, unless the company was paying for it. That's one of the reasons I don't stay in US chain hotels in Europe for that matter anywhere, If I want to be with North Americans then I will stay in North America.

eponymous_coward likes this.
  7. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are a lot of European chain hotels in France such as B&B hotel, which is very similar to Ibis Budget (I stayed in one outside Berlin a couple of years ago). Personally I like them better than Ibis Budget.

I like US chain hotels in Europe because I like a proper double bed - a good queen size mattress. I really dislike the continental double beds that are made of 2 single beds.

sfo1 and eponymous_coward like this.
  8. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:

I have found that the two Ibis Budget Hotels that I have stayed in have either twin beds or a real double bed, and the double bed was very comfortable.

9. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't tried the Ibis Budget but I do stay at Ibis hotels regularly and agree even though those rooms are a little bit more expensive than Ibis Budget. After staying at a couple of Ibis I know exactly what to expect and usually get what you describe.

The Singapore Ibis on Bencoolen is IMO the best Ibis out there(and of course quite expensive for an Ibis) and I don't see the point of paying twice as much for a "better" hotel when this Ibis gives me all I need.

sfo1 likes this.
  10. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:

I am just about to book the Ibis Styles Asnleres Centre Paris, for Christmas, price is good, 46Euros with breakfast, gets decent reviews have not stayed at a "Ibis Styles" yet, the Ibis Budgets in Paris are slightly more expensive.

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
  12. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:

Wow, you must be lucky. The doubles was around 140cm wide (adequate size) and they are definitely not comfortable - basically it's a 15cm mattress. I stayed in some Ibis in Sweden and their beds are better.

F1 doesn't have private bathrooms. It's lower grade than the Ibis budget hotels.

sfo1 likes this.
  13. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:

I would not stay in any hotle that did not have a private bathroom, have looked at F1 a few times some years ago and found it was not for me. I don't agree with you about the beds, but then we each have our own comfort level.

14. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think I got spoiled by Hyatt's grand bed at Hyatt Place and Marriott's bed. One big problem for me is that the price of Ibis budget is not often budget. They are like EUR 10-20 lower than Club Carlson's hotel or even Marriott/Courtyard, so there is no reason for me to consider those hotel unless I really need to crash close to motorway.