Iberia TATL

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by Omar's_Coming, Feb 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Omar's_Coming
    Original Member

Omar's_Coming Silver Member

Status Points:
    I redeemed some AA miles for a JFK-MAD flight on Iberia this summer. Anyone have any info on how their business class product is? How good is the "bed" for sleeping? How does their food stack up?

Overall, my expectations aren't too high, but it looks servicable from their discription on the webiste.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. JDiver
    Original Member

JDiver Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Iberia Business Plus cabin is very good - now, fully flat shell seats in 2 x 2 x 2 configuration, very comfortable for sleeping (I fly AA, BA, CX, JL and QF in Business - the QF A380 is a superior product, IMO and not in this comparison - and I prefer the CX and IB product). Food is generally decent, wines well selected, and the Lounge in Terminal 4-S is worth an early arrival to the MAD airport: a self-serve wine tasting bar, lots of snacks and food items, relax seating, even a restaurant for those departing at certain hours.

[​IMG]

Full paid J (or Iberia Platino pax with J using IB points) also entitles the passenger to limo airport transfers in several locations, including MAD and BCN. "The service is available in Madrid, Barcelona, Santiago de Chile, Buenos Aires (Argentina), Mexico City (Mexico) and Sao Paulo (Brazil)" Link:http://tinyurl.com/6zkcuth

Baggage allowance and seat selection are in other posts in this Forum.

3. Omar's_Coming
    Original Member

Omar's_Coming Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for info! i appreciate it

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. I can't wait its only a few weeks until the IB LAX-MAD nonstop. I fly to MAD from LAX often and It will be great not having to make a connection. I have traveled in Business Plus before and it really is a great product. I only wish that IB could use AA's terminal 4 and not the Bradley terminal. I guess it's because BA is in TBIT.

jbcarioca, JDiver and Tenmoc like this.
  5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    deleted.....

6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is both Iberia's J & F product on their Madrid MAD-Johannesburg JNB flight a lie flat seat?

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. David
    Original Member

David Silver Member

Status Points:
    Erm, F? - what F!

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    J on MAD-JNB will be a lie flat seat. As mentioned, by David- IB does not offer an F product.

jbcarioca and Sweet Willie like this.
  9. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the clarification TRAVELSIG

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. sk3

sk3 Active Member

Status Points:
    Did you ever take this trip upgrade lover? I've been looking forward to hearing someone's experience with the LAX-MAD flight in J.

I'm using this for my next Rome trip - and if AA continues to withhold its Business MilesAAvers to FCO I'll be flying IB LAX-MAD more and more.

TIA

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. boxedlunch
    Original Member

boxedlunch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just flew MIA-BCN...have some pics and will update this post in a few days with leg/meal shots.

jbcarioca likes this.
  12. boxedlunch
    Original Member

boxedlunch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here are some (belated) pics, as promised. Trip was taken on IB 6126 (MIA-BCN) in an A340. Probably slept for about 4 hrs on the flight. Cabin was a bit warm for my taste. The lumbar massage function on the lie-flat seat was a nice surprise, but it had an annoying auto-shutoff feature. Sorry, I don't have pics of the amenity kit - it was a leather/fabric case that coordinated well with the blanket.

Inflight service was attentive enough, but nothing special. The crew forgot to bring out my entree during the dinner service, though they seemed sincerely embarrassed when I inquired later. This may explain the overcooked steak you see in the pics below...

DSC3478.jpg DSC3479.jpg
    DSC3489.jpg
    DSC3483.jpg DSC3484.jpg
    DSC3485.jpg DSC3486.jpg
    DSC3487.jpg DSC3488.jpg

jbcarioca and zpaul like this.
  13. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I remain bummed that they do not offer the car service to/from GIG, but otherwise I am a fan of IB too, for the most part.

Just outside the lounge entry in MAD 4S there is a shop that sells the best jarred tuna I have ever had. That alone makes the IB flight worthwhile. (not entirely a joke)

Overall IB product has improved greatly during the last two years or so. In fact I'll be on IB6024 in about five hours time.

If traveling with a companion you might like seats 1D/H, in the middle. They have a lot of room around them. It's a trifle irritating during boarding when rude people pass by fairly often but is otherwise quite nice.

14. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just to update the record;
    I arrived from MAD in GIG yesterday evening. The A340 flight was uneventful, but my connection from the flight DME-MAD to my MAD-GIG was notable, though not unusual there. I have a 1:20 connection time and still managed to spenda comfortable 50 minutes in the lounge (BTW, the only serious negative in the IB lounge at MAD is the absence of free wifi, although there are free PC's to use). Upon arriving at GIG I was the first Brazilian through immigration, a 30 sec job because they just verify, don't stamp). When I arrived at the liggage belt one minute later it was rotating and my bag was out in about 3 minutes time. I had not had time to call my spouse to advise her of my arrival. I was out of the airport and in a taxi going home ten minutes after landing!

My last three IB flights have been similar. Their processes are much improved and they were not bad. A year ago my MAD-DME flight was cancelled and they had automatically rerouted me on an SU flight detaring at the same time so i was not even late to Moscow.

It seems I am becoming an IB fan.