Iberia staff begin job cuts strikes

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by uggboy, Feb 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Iberia staff begin job cuts strikes ||

I can understand the Iberia staff. I hope a solution can be found.

sobore likes this.
  2. EZEIZA
    Original Member

EZEIZA Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't have any sympathy for the strikers I'm afraid. Iberia is in dire need of restructuring and I'm sure Willie Walsh is just the man to do it. If obstacles are constantly being put in his way he won't be afraid to let Iberia go to the wall especially if it continues to have a negative impact on the the financial performance of IAG.
    Too many staff at Iberia have been living the good life for far too long under the protection of unions and others. Time to get rid of them I say.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  3. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the airline goes bankrupt, they won't have any jobs to protect......p*ssed off pax will go elsewhere for transportation.

4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's the main takeway, everyone loses when pax are fed-up and look for alternatives.

uggboy likes this.
  5. trilla

trilla New Member

Status Points:
    I had a friend flying from Barcelona with Iberia to Denmark just one of the 'strike days' but fortunetly she could fly as her flight was not affected. But it's something recurring in Iberia, and the passengers are always the affected.

uggboy likes this.