Iberia: Carry-on weight limit?

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by CharlesG, May 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. CharlesG

CharlesG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello everyone!

I am flying business on Iberia, JFK-MAD-MXP next week. I have been trying to determine what the weight limit is for carry-on luggage on Iberia, and haven't had much luck. The official Iberia page doesn't mention a weight for carry-on luggage:

http://www.iberia.com/hand/luggage/

I have seen a limit of 22 lbs. on other websites (namely seatguru.com), but I have also seen other numbers floating around.

Any MPers who fly Iberia know the real deal? We're traveling for 2 weeks, and my bag (fully packed) is about 25 lbs. I'd like to know the truth before figuring out what to leave!

Thanks!

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    CharlesG likes this.
  3. CharlesG

CharlesG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, sobore! I would not have thought to check that way (obviously!). That makes it look like it's 50 lbs! That's awesome! I should check to see if I misread some of the other info I read on the internet, and it was actually 22 kg they were referencing and not pounds. That's what happens when you're too US-centric!

sobore likes this.
  4. CharlesG

CharlesG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Back to square one-- it does seem that the 23kg is for checked bags; still no official determination for carry-ons...