Iberia Business Plus Review

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by TUMD, May 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TUMD

TUMD Silver Member

Before traveling on my recent trip I saw very little in the way of reviews for this cabin compared to a lot of other airlines. Perhaps it is because their new Business Plus has only been out for around a year. Anyway, I thought I would go ahead and do a little review. Hopefully it will be helpful.

Airline: Iberia
    Class: Business Plus
    Lounge: Velazquez VIP in T4S
    Route: MAD-MIA
    Date: 5/19/14
    Seats: 3E and 3G

Upon arriving in Madrid from Paris we were able to go over to the Iberia Velazquez VIP Lounge which was very large with windows running on the the length with views of the runway. When approaching the front desk you could turn left or right as the lounge mirrored itself with each direction having a serve yourself wine bar, serve yourself liquor and beer as well as a full buffet with hot foot and refrigerators with sandwiches, etc. I will say the one negative was that the WiFi was accessed by 30 min scratch cards which was a bit annoying as we had a 4 hour lay over. Overall it was a great place to spend a few hours and a short walk to our gate.

Front door:

Lounge and food:
    IMG_2099.JPG IMG_2111.JPG IMG_2112.JPG IMG_2106.JPG IMG_2109.JPG
    The seating is 1-2-1. We were in row three with the 2 middle seats. These middle seats are configured with either the large divider on the out side of your seats give more privacy from the aisle but less from your neighbor or with the dividers in the center giving your a large barrier between your neighbor but open to the aisle. As we were a couple having the dividers on the outside was great! It gave some extra privacy and with the small center divider down put us right next to each other.
    Our seats 3G/E:
    IMG_2117.JPG IMG_2119.JPG IMG_2126.jpg

Single seat open to the aisle:

Entertainment: I found the entertainment system to be great! Large 15 inch screen with a large movie and TV show selection which could be controlled by the large touch screen or video game like controller. Katie's screen had no sound at first but after a couple resets it ended up working just fine.

Food: I found the food and wine to be very good although my experience is very limited.

Examples of Menus:
    IMG_2129.jpg IMG_2134.jpg IMG_2143.JPG
    Dessert was also served but I can't attach any more pictures haha.

Overall we had a great experience and I would certainly recommend it. I ended up sleeping 3 hours on the lie flat seat but could have easily slept the whole flight! This is the first time I have reviewed a flight so hopefully this is helpful.

Attached Files:

Newscience likes this.
  2. Horhay25

Horhay25 Silver Member

Thank you. This is great. Taking this route in August. Looking forward to it!