IAH Power Failure

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Weatherboy, Dec 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone else at IAH? Power to everything failed about 10 mins ago. Some alarms going off in the distance, but no public address announcements on what's what. Just a few emergency lights on here and there.

sobore likes this.
  2. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nope, not there :) But are you stuck in the incredibly dark corridors of Terminal B? C is dark, too. E is pretty good. Looks sunny and warm down there today.

Can you see smoke coming out of the power plant on the south side of the airport?

-Rob

3. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Power is back on for the most part from what I can tell. I was in a E. Agents couldn't check me in, but the 2nd floor of the club still had power and could check me in. Third floor was dark and even with the power back, there's an employee saying power still isn't back on "out back."

sobore likes this.
  4. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sound snarky, but how are they going to make a PA announcement with the power out?

Flyer1976 likes this.
  5. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Usually public address systems run on back up or battery power. Like in a fire or other emergency.