IAH-LIM

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by kokonutz, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kokonutz
    Original Member

kokonutz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know the upgrade rules once the route goes to a domestic config 767?

I 'heard' that it will be UDU. True?

How about CR1 then?

Would love to take advantage of the low fares but am not wasting a SWU on that kind of bird.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Were it still CO-operated then it would be EUA. As UA-operated, however, it gets UA rules and apparently they exclude LIM from region 1 so no CR-1 and no UDU. I do expect that will change to the slightly more generous CO version of the policy when the programs merge, but for now you're stuck with the more draconian UA rules.

3. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Draconian is right. I can understand requiring international long-haul upgrade rules when the seat is an international premium seat. But those are domestic F seats, and not even good domestic F seats. The rule should be more based on the type of service being offered on the plane, not necessarily the region it's flying to.

4. Anglo Large Clawed Otter
    Original Member

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad I got my IAH-LIM line before it became ghetto-bird.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    :mad:

I had that trip booked three different times and ended up canceling them. Though, as I recall, you skipped a Do in order to fly, didn't you?

mundosurfer and baglady like this.
  6. Anglo Large Clawed Otter
    Original Member

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the DO I skipped was for PTY

7. tjtenor4
    Original Member

tjtenor4 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good lord I'm behind on some of this news. IAH-LIM on a domestic-config UA 763? In other words, it'll take a SWU and a W fare to upgrade a ~transcon-length flight to domestic F?

Yikes.

8. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    He skipped the last ever CO DO

9. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    He skipped all of the CO DOs.

(I hate capitalizing "DO," but if I don't, the plural form looks like the Spanish word for "two.")

10. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is CO's interpretati[​IMG]n as well.

11. mundosurfer
    Original Member

mundosurfer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is that like water and "quarter"

ConciergeMike likes this.
  12. zabes
    Original Member

zabes Active Member

Status Points:
    Actually it is UDU, I'm flying it next Friday the 18th and it says Upgrade Pending just like domestic UDU flights.

13. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you buy a UA or CO ticket and are you creditng the flight to Mileage Plus or One Pass?

14. zabes
    Original Member

zabes Active Member

Status Points:
    UA ticket, crediting to MP and Thursday next week is the first flight, so I'm on the 2nd flight down there

15. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good to hear. Now all they gotta do is put regular F planes on EWR-HNL and IAH-HNL, and we have a really nice network of UDU-able flights. :)

16. the_happiness_store
    Original Member

the_happiness_store Silver Member

Status Points:
    LIM will be a good hopping off point to get to IPC.

17. Erasmus
    Original Member

Erasmus Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not for long. LAN is pulling back on the new LIM/IPC route, and SCL will return to being the only gateway to IPC. (Rumor has it the LIM flight will be seasonal, so may return again someday.)

18. the_happiness_store
    Original Member

the_happiness_store Silver Member

Status Points:
    That is a real pity. They only started it shortly after I was there 2 years ago. I had to burn to oneworld segments through SCL just to get to LIM. I would like to do Chile mainland by itself on another trip. And besides having my camera stolen, I thought Peru was just awesome. Glad *a has a better presence there now.

19. zabes
    Original Member

zabes Active Member

Status Points:
    IAH-LIM is definitely UDU, however, we are waitlisted and they are booked 6 of 34... apparently UA thinks they are going to sell 28 crappy "C" seats by Friday afternoon... they are something else

20. zabes
    Original Member

zabes Active Member

Status Points:
    Here is sort of a LIM trip report.

First, flight has gone out late both ways every day so far and on the inbound, LIM-IAH the flight has also been late even when the arriving aircraft made it pretty close to arrival time.

Menus on flight on the way down there, no menus on the way back, was just asked would you like chicken or the filet, very unprofessional for C or F or whatever you want to call it.

There were no Pillows in C/F.

There was an onboard Supervisor on pretty much every flight so far.

Check-in at LIM was easy, line for GS, 1K, Business and one for 2P, 1P, *G

Security takes about 30m there are NO elite lines unless you want to bring a cane or pregnant girlfriend/wife.

Passport afterwards takes 15m, so you do need to arrive at least 2 hours before the flight as an elite as there are several other flights going out around the same time.

A regular non-status passenger must get there 3 hours before the flight to make it, LIM actually has a rule requiring 3 hours and minimum check-in time of 75 minutes.

Heard many people on the flight in C complaining about how shitty it was and they had no leg room, that the entertainment was terrible (it is).

Flight was full on the way down there and empty coming back, E+ had 15ppl in it, give or take.

That being said, Lima was great, make sure you visit the Larco Museum - Av Boliviar 1515, Huaca Pucllana and go eat at Cafe Beirut in Miraflores, excellent food (suggest the ensalada arabe, arroz arabe and knock yourself out trying anything else) I've been there 4 times in 2 years and each time the food is just as good!

21. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Glad to hear that this policy was adjusted to reflect the product operating the flight. [​IMG]

22. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    There has been some kind of mechanical problem with the 763 just about every time it has arrived at IAH from SFO.

The menus on the way down and not on the way back was the way the old CO product used to be. Mostly because they know people want to sleep.

The pillows is a little pathetic.

23. zabes
    Original Member

zabes Active Member

Status Points:
    Onboard service director said there should have been menus, that being said, print a short 1 with the 2 dishes and hand it to the passenger and take it back at least... you can't have your premium cabin guessing what comes with each meal, I won't eat mushrooms, if the filet had a mushroom sauce I would not have touched it, and sometimes I just want to eat the sides that come with it knowing the entre will be dry or just crap anyway, so I might make my choice based on that

24. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So ask. Is it really that hard?

25. zabes
    Original Member

zabes Active Member

Status Points:
    I did ask, he had NO idea what it came with... hence, I think a little hand out might be in order.

And take it a step further, why should I have to ask (and what happens if everyone asks, it's going to take them forever), you're talking about a premium product that they sell as Business Class, at least try and make it one, or just call it Premium Economy and treat it as such.