IAD-HNL united 767-400ER

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by de52king, Mar 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. de52king

de52king Active Member

Status Points:
    I've got an upcoming award trip from IAD to HNL on a united 767-400er. I'm booked in business first. Will this be a lie flat seat? It appears so on the seat map, but was hoping someone knew first hand.

Also, will united interline baggage on Hawaiian airlines if the united portion is a partner award and the Hawaiian flight is a separate revenue fare?

Thank you very much for your insight!!!

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. downhillcrasher

downhillcrasher Gold Member

Status Points:
    It depends, you may or may not.

Look at the seat map shown in your reservation to check. If there are 7 rows of BF, then it is lie flat. If there are only 4 rows then it is the Hawaii version with old style recliner BusinessFirst seats. (Of course, either way, there is always the possibility of a plane swap, but the seat map is your best guide at this point.)

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA can interline bags to HA. Make sure you have all the details of the HA trip with you at the UA counter.

There are still a few 764s in the 76H config and the IAD-HNL route is usually scheduled with one of them. That means lounger but not lie-flat. You might get the lie-flat, but no guarantees until you're actually on the plane.

5. de52king

de52king Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you very much for the insight!

Will I have access to the united club? I assuming I will, but don't know given it is a partner award. Thank you again!