IAD BA Lounge with Priority Pass are you kicked out at 2 PM?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by iolaire, Jan 8, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    At 2 pm in the Dulles BA lounge are you kicked out if using Priority Pass? We have a flight at 3:30 PM so we would enter prior to 2 PM, so I want to know if we will be kicked out at 2 PM or if they will let us stay until about 2:45 PM?

The website says:
    Opening Hours: 07:00 - 14:00 daily. Cardholders will not be admitted to the Lounge outside these hours.
    Which I wishfully read as if I enter (am admitted) at 13:30 then I can eat and drink all day!

From flyer talk it almost looked like the lounge is closed from 2-3 PM which would lead me to worry that I will be kicked out.

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    BA's site lists the opening for the lounge at 1430. I expect that they close down between, and as you say indications are that this is the case. My understanding is more or less that they operate as a PP lounge, shut down, and then reopen as a BA lounge.

Who/where are you flying and what other options do you have?

Flyer1976 and iolaire like this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, we are flying Copa and I have a $10 above minimum bid for business class upgrade if that goes through we have United or Lufthansa access. No status, usual Amex Plat and AA Exec cards, plus priority pass. Also probably have Lounge Club but rarely look at that. If we have no access its not a big deal but we might arrive closer to departure.

4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update we were kicked out at 2 PM. Also saw someone try to arrive on Priority Pass at 1:50 or so and they did not let him in. But it was worth it for the short time. Wine and beer was available along with some chips and trail mix, and there was some cheese in the fridge, i.e. equitable to domestic lounges.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's a completely different lounge after 2:30PM with real food offerings IME.

iolaire likes this.