I would love all my miles to be displayed here

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Ant, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Ant
    Original Member

Ant Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just imagine a page, right here on this very website, that lists all your programmes plus miles/points and status? Wouldn't it be great to have an at a glance view of all your accounts?

Plus it would be fun for bragging rights and league tables could be set up across the community. Little status icons on your profile. And it could help to score who are the real MP junkies. It could help in many areas too, for example if the community wanted to help someone plan a RTW trip then they'd be instantly able to share what miles they have where.

I know it's quite a job, but is this at least on MP's "to dream of" list? Is this possible? :)

2. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, its not really quite a job because the technology already exists - see Award Wallet, which does what you say for pretty much every scheme out there globally.

What would be cool would be MP doing a deal with Award Wallet to 'white label' their technology and display the results here. That really would be a game changer in terms of making MP stand out over FT.

Ant likes this.
  3. Ant
    Original Member

Ant Silver Member

Status Points:
    Certainly, working with someone who already has the technology does make the most sense. To have that integration would create a nice eco-system. :)

4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    People won't mind listing their programs and status; many already do that in their signatures. However, as to listing their miles, I think most would be very hesitant. (except for simple statements like million miler).

Why would I want to share the fact that I have x number of skypesos?

Tenmoc likes this.
  5. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree here. Too much information on the web, etc.

6. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wasn't suggesting that (I'm not sure if the OP was). I certainly don't want my balances shared.

What I am suggesting is that we use Award Wallet's functionality to add something similar to MiPo for the PRIVATE benefit of members. What would be cooler than, on logging in, being presented with a page showing your current balances?

Let's be honest - many of us come to / leave MiPo and, next stop, visit an airline or hotel programme site to see if a recent activity has posted.

The more I think about this, the more I think it is a really powerful idea.

Gargoyle likes this.
  7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Ah, I understand. Like a private secure page in our profile that it co-branded or linked to Award Wallet, displaying a picture of our account balances? That could be quite powerful, and it means every Award Wallet customer learns about milepoint, and vice versa, with a lot of cross-pollination. That could be good for all three parties (AW, MP, and the users).