I was re-seated before checking-in 24 hours before flight

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by jumbo_cards, Dec 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jumbo_cards

jumbo_cards Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I'm leaving tomorrow from SEA->PEK via SFO. My Flight to SFO for some reason reassigned me seats.

I'm traveling with my fiancee who is *G and we choose exit seats (and that was done like long long time ago). Today when I checked, both of us were reassigned to row 11 :( I lost my exit seat and don't know why.

I'm not too overly disappointed in losing the extra leg room as it is a short flight, but I never had this happen to me before. Anyone else had this situation happen to them?

alohastephen likes this.
  2. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    equipment change? My guess is you went from a 320 to a 319

3. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you buy your tickets before the row renumbering in June?

4. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would not worry too much. Row 11 is in Economy Plus so you still have good legroom. I would imagine there was an equipment change.

5. jumbo_cards

jumbo_cards Silver Member

Status Points:
    equipment i don't think has changed,
    it was always 757, I remember because I was checking first avaliabilty last week to look at my chances of UDU.

I bought my tickets in August.

alohastephen likes this.
  6. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's strange. I would write an email to UA. I asked for and received $150 e-cert the last time that happened to me.

alohastephen likes this.
  7. Not a bad as being reseated from the time you check in to the time you reach the gate.
    I lost my bulkhead 1F seat and moved to 2F and I can only assume it was because the gate agent wanted to seat his "friends" in F and gave them each a row to themselves.
    Not happy as a 1K.

8. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    This has happened to me several times this year. A call to the Elite desk will usually, but not always resolve it. The response every time I have called has been, "Hmmm... That's strange." Seems like a little bit of denial going on to me.

I recently lost a seat when they were trying to move me to an exit row. While the agents were playing around with my seat selection in their attempt to find the computer glitch, somebody else picked that seat. They never got me the seat I wanted OR the one I had.

9. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I was just moved at some point between 24 & 48 hours out from 2A to 1A on a CR7. Not sure what's up with that.