I Was Emasculated At The Abu Dhabi Airport Security Checkpoint

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Okay, so let me start by saying that I'm on #TeamScissors over #TeamClippers when it comes to nail care. Not usually a topic I discuss on the blog, but it's important for context. 99% of countries don't mind you taking cuticle scissors through a security checkpoint. The only countries I've been to that take issue with it are Australia and the UAE. The latter is bizarre, because they otherwise have some of the most lax security I've ever seen. Anyway, while passing through the UAE a few weeks back enroute to the Etihad A380 inaugural flight, my cuticle scissors were confiscated. When they are confiscated or I lose them, I usually always buy the same scissors, which are available at just about every CVS in the world. Except I was in Hawaii until late last week staying at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki, and was feeling especially lazy. Go figure the hotel gift shop sold only one variety of cuticle scissors: The post I Was Emasculated At The Abu Dhabi Airport Security Checkpoint appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...