I've been a long time Continental, and now United flyer. I'm not an extreme revenue generator, but I've held silver or gold status for the last 4-5 years, and last year spent well over the current spend requirement for gold, even though I only flew 62 segments. This has been an epic trip (and not even home yet)... Wednesday night, RDU-EWR, booked on the 4pm flight. Started with a 90 minute weather delay. They then put us on the plane where we sat for another 40 minutes while they figured out a route around the storms and got more fuel. Finally pushed back from the gate (now over 2 hours delayed), and found a deicing fault and had to return to the gate. Absolute piss poor communication... pilot said he had no idea how long it would be, and we could get off if we wanted. We weren't forced to deplane, but that was the last official status update of the night. Only one agent in RDU to rebook people, no announcements, no updates. Finally the pilot came back up and talked to some people that were crowding the podium, still no announcement. He said they had to fly a part in and it would be 3-4 hours or not at all. Given that the podium was 50 deep waiting on one agent, I called the premier desk--who told me they couldn't help me because we hadn't officially deplaned and my ticket still showed me as boarded. She said I had to wait for the agent in Raleigh. Finally worked through the line to where I was 6th in line, and the pilot came up and just yelled that we were going, they had fixed it. Boarded everyone who was left, but now had to wait for fuel again. By the time we took off, we were over 5 hours late. Landed at EWR well after midnight, and didn't get to my hotel until 2:30am (leaves one in great condition for a 9am meeting). Next comes the trip home (Friday)... boarded, everything showed on time, but we sat there apparently waiting for fuel for over 45 minutes. By the time the fuel came, so had the storm. I have a feeling the crew just didn't want to go... they dicked around for almost an hour, then whoops, it's storming. They deplaned us and claimed we'd reboard in 20 minutes, but then almost right after deplaning they cancelled it and claimed weather so no hotel or anything. Again called premier and was offered a flight for SUNDAY... and basically told to figure it out. The "supervisor" I spoke to refused to cover any sort of ground transportation. I offered to go to GSO or even CLT and she said if I chose to change airports then I was on my own. She eventually, reluctantly booked me on a EWR-DCA-RDU flight for today (Saturday), with the second leg on US. I just can't trust UA to get me where I'm going reliably anymore. This garbage is happening more and more. There was a 1K in front of me in line that said this is his 4th delay of over 3 hours in 3 weeks. I have 3 trips currently booked with UA, including our europe tour in August. I'm heavily invested in UA, including the credit cards, but I think I'm going to seriously look at AA after these trips.