I think I just got the Marriott credit card

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by GenevaFlyer, May 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. GenevaFlyer
    Original Member

GenevaFlyer Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hi all,

Just wanted to share this interesting experience. Last week, I applied for the Marriott credit card ...

Today, I log into my MR account, and I see a "Visa free night category 1-4 hotels" in my account. I guess that the computer systems beat the mailman, and I can now expect my card in the mail any day :)

Don't you love it when computer systems take all surprise out of the way?

Now, a question for you experts, when do my 15 bonus nights credit? Immediately, or only on the anniversary of my card after 1 year?

Thanks and cheers,

GenevaFlyer

2. henrythefourth

henrythefourth Active Member

Status Points:
    I received my Signature Premier card earlier this month. Likewise, before the card arrived I saw the free night cert and the 15 nights for Silver Elite. However, I have not received the 50k MRP sign up bonus.

What is the normal wait time? Will they arrive at the first billing cycle with my purchase points? Should I call Chase com Marriott Rewards?

Thanks,
    Henry

3. GenevaFlyer
    Original Member

GenevaFlyer Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hi,

They do say 6-8 weeks after first purchase. It may be related to your first payment as well.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

4. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Someday, your new credit card will arrive via a text message on your mobile phone, and in fact will reside in your mobile phone.