I see lots of seats!

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by TravelBear, Oct 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have an upcoming trip that is an award trip flying into MUC. I didn't have nearly enough miles for business class so coach it is. ( two people are much harder to save for). The flight is the 29th of this month. I just looked at the seat map and over 75% of the front is vacant! This just makes me cry inside a little. While I still wouldn't have enough miles for those tix I would gladly give up what I do have! Oh well.

iolaire likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can you transfer some other points (AmEx?) to DL or purchase miles if you see low BE award availability?

3. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    No
    Nothing to transfer and I would still need 50k points .... I think. Plus then they would charge a change fee x2 I bet since I am lowly silver.

4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Enjoy your trip, TravelBear. Hopefully you and your partner will enjoy your time in Europe so much that you will scarcely remember the flights to and from. :)

jwsky likes this.
  5. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey Bob! I think I hear an eclair calling me from up your way! I know coach is fine but seeing all that open space makes think delta should just put us up there. You know, out of the goodness of their hearts! We get back mid November, maybe we could meet up at Rosetta's for some vegan goodness.

miles and smiles likes this.
  6. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sounds good. I'm around, except for some car trips to the beach.

7. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    You know by now, Jeff isn't going to do anything professional - especially opening the award bucket - out of goodness of heart.

But...why don't you engage in some manufactured spend if you're that anxious to get on board DL's demonic plane?

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are there actually awards available? Or just a bunch of unassigned seats?

9. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    B
    Both, I think. I saw the seats open then attempted dummy booking two seats and while I didn't go all the way through the booking I did get to the fees page. Yes I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything , but it at least puts the taste of hope in ones mouth.