I really miss the "forum jump" feature!

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by RichardInSF, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Use it all the time.

skit53, BondAir007 and cockpitvisit like this.
  2. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree, would be nice to have it here as well.

asmithLHR, skit53 and RichardInSF like this.
  3. BondAir007
    Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure what it is or how it works... but it sounds cool.

4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    have you tried using the forum navigation that is at the end of every bread crumb trail? Look to the far right on either the top and bottom bread crumb trail and you'll see a little arrow. We have some other navigation benefits to come but just want to focus our attention on the base technology first. Thanks because i agree with you that easy navigation is paramount.

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Love it. That's a technical term which I hadn't encountered before. I'd love to know the etymology behind it.

[​IMG]

6. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it's the technical term these days! I think the origins go back to the fairy tale of Hansel and Gretel ...

Gargoyle likes this.
  7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Ah, that's why I'd never heard it. They fly LH, so I don't encounter them in the SkyTeam forums.

tomh009 likes this.
  8. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
  9. skit53
    Original Member

skit53 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Randy,
    I mentioned this in my post in the suggestions thread, but the little arrow icon is not self-explanatory and in most other uses represents a notion of a "pop up" or "pop out" window (ie. google talk in gmail has an extremely similar icon to pop out chat windows).

Also, the fact that this thread exists and no one could point the OP to the icon on the bread crumb bar is another hint that this icon isn't being used as much it should be.

Perhaps a change of icon?

10. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You shouldn't have posted that and given away your secrets. I thought it was a concept/term which you invented.

Just don't point us to a wikipedia page that explains your MilePoint Status Algorithm!

11. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
  12. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    actually, there is some thought behind the ideas that the icon is a pop out looking thing -- the navigation does pop out. Clearly understand the communication. The platform we have developed here does not yet have any user documentation. Based upon the feature set we decide upon and the observation of our beta members, we certainly plan on building a great one, but with our one-month anniversary today of the start of this project, there were not enough all nighters (!) to get everything done. our plan and goal is to have as great user guides as we have great technology and this will certainly be more noticeable at launch or right after. and there are other navigation tools we elected not to launch at beta until we know that the base technology is not going to blow up on us—always a distinct possibility! Thanks, make us good great.

13. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, that icon pretty much does what the forum jump did earlier. I even clicked on it yesterday, and I don't remember seeing the forum list back then.

Assuming this icon works well from mobile devices too, it should be sufficient.

asmithLHR likes this.
  14. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    mobile wil actually have an entirely different navigation overlay once it is released. we're still shaking the standard forum functionability down. but icons are easy to adjust so keep the feedback coming. thanks.