I Prefer - Preferred Hotel Group's guest benefit program

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by SC Flier, Jun 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    www.iprefer.com

I Prefer is the guest benefit program for Preferred Hotel Group's brands. It is a "benefit" program -- not really a "frequent guest" program. It is free to join and does not have tiers based on your number of nights or stays.

Some benefits are available no matter how you book. The "extra hotel amenities" benefit is only included when you book through IPrefer.com (or perhaps through their other Preferred-owned webpages). YMMV.

One of the notable benefits that can immediately justify membership is the free internet access.

Preferred Hotels has a one-way partnership with Choice Privileges that allows CP points to be redeemed for standard rooms at Preferred properties. (30K - 60K per night.) I Prefer benefits such as free internet can still be applied to such reservations, but you will probably need to present your I Prefer number at check-in since your I Prefer number will not be on your reservation that is booked by Choice.

From the IPrefer.com website's overview:
    Exclusive I Prefer Benefits Every Time You Stay

Experience the ease of I Prefer Membership. No points to count. No waiting for hotel rewards. You'll automatically receive these exclusive rewards from I Prefer every time you stay at over 500 distinctive Preferred Hotel Group hotels and resorts worldwide:
    • Exclusive offers. Access to special offers and promotions throughout the year
    • Room upgrades. Get a room upgrade at check-in (based on availability)
    • Extra hotel amenities. Get a custom amenity - unique to each hotel - when you book on IPrefer.com
    • Priority early check-in and late check-out
    • Complimentary Internet access

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been part of this program for a few years. We usually visit a "Secrets" property in mexico or in the carib., and always get bumped up a room level. A couple of times we were upgraded from Ocean Front Rooms to the honeymoon suites. Its well worth the effort of belonging to the program. You actually do get rewarded!

SC Flier likes this.
  3. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    We went to one of the Secrets properties for our first anniversary in the Riviera Maya, but it is now no longer associated with Secrets.

There are 4 Dreams properties in this month's Check-in for Japan sale, but no Secrets. Today's Dreams property is in the Punta Cana for $150 -- around 55% off for the first dates that I checked. It's not an all-inclusive resort, though.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    We've been to Secrets capri and Maroma in the Riv. Maya. Capri is my favorite. A bit older but for some reason just resonates better. I think its because its small, and attracts a polite european crowd. No Kids is a big big plus at these places:D

5. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, and good food despite being an all-inclusive was one of our requirements when we went. We considered one of the adults-only Palace Resorts for that trip, but Secrets Excellence won out for multiple reasons.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.