I need help please - shipping human remains MIA- sfo and funeral home in miami?

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by estnet, Jul 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    does anyone have a rec for a reliable funeral home in the Miami area to pick up a body and prepare it for shipping to California? Low cost and reliable are preferred. Calls to the airlines have told me that shipments are only accepted from a funeral home (not hospital - for reasons that make sense).

In the course of trying to investigate the costs I had some nice to not so nice experiences to share:

AA - has a special cargo desk "dedicated" to dealing with sensitive issues not just he main "cargo"

SW- normal cargo desk

UA- (2mm 1k) - gave me an incorrect number to call - which directed me to a correct number, where I was connected to a regular cargo agent who was minimally helpful.

AA sure wins on compassion (not to mention that the AA agent who I spoke to first was the only one to offer condolences)

tondoleo and Gargoyle like this.
  2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Get ready to pay with a certified check, the Funeral Homes don't take counter check from everyone.

Happened to my mother once, she had to have a friend vouch for her check..maybe a square and compass would have helped.

Body made it back, without the lie flat seat.

Never a good ride.

Gargoyle likes this.