I Need advice about C1's match my miles program

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by normthe, Apr 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Being a newbie to this game I think I messed up. About three weeks ago I received a snail mail invite for the MP 50,000 miles Visa card. I applied, was approved and received the card. I have used it and was waiting for my miles to post to my acct. In the meantime I received an app for the C1's match my miles Visa card. Decided to call and have my wife sign up for this one. Was told my wife's card did not qualify because it was not an airline affiliated card but my MP card qualified. I was hesitant to apply for myself since I didn't have the miles posted to my acct. yet. The lady taking the app assured me I had 45 days to prove my mileage so I submitted the app. & was approved. So far so good, I thought. Here's where it gets sticky. I called MP to find out when my miles would post to the acct. and was told that they won't post until the end of my next statement which will be May 14th. That's over 50 days from the time I received the card. I thought that payments are due within 28 days. The problem is the C1 program ends on May 13th. Is it possible they set these dates purposely to prevent people from being able to do what I'm trying to do? Any suggestions on how to get around this time issue? I only currently have 30,000 miles in my MP acct and was hoping to get the 50,000 additional miles posted for the C1 program. Help!!!

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. Did you ask Chase to change your statement date? They offered to change mine when i got the Continental Visa. Not sure if that helps you but it might be worth a call.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. gpaya
    Original Member

gpaya Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chase will change a statement date for you once every 6 months.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. Thanks for the advise to request a change of statement date. I called Visa and they did agree to make my statement date earlier. When I then questioned him about when the miles would post to my acct. he said that it is possible to take as long as two statement periods for them to show up in the acct. He emphasized that it is not usually the case but COULD happen. I guess I will just have to wait and see. Thanks again for the advise.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Glad it worked for you.

jbcarioca likes this.