I like to travel here and there, but.....

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by chucheongfan, Sep 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. chucheongfan

chucheongfan New Member

Status Points:
    I always travel to Europe, Australia, New York and Cambodia... but sadly to say,I didn't have a proper credit card, therefore, usually I will bring along quite large amount of cash.. but recently my friend told me that there is Travel Rewards Credit Card, which can earn miles while im spending. Is that real ? It would be nice if the card can use in many airlines, also for petrol, grocery .. if there is no expiry dates for the point earned then it will be the best.

miles and smiles and jbcarioca like this.
  2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint.

There are many travel rewards credit cards which earn points which can be used on a variety of airlines and hotels. Chase Sapphire Preferred, Starwood AMEX and AMEX Membership Rewards are three. and there are others. However, not all credit cards are available in all countries. So, my first question is what country do you live in? It would also be helpful if you share with us what airlines you primarily travel and what your travel goals are.

edekba and MSYgirl like this.
  3. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP chucheongfan! :)

miles and smiles likes this.
  4. manne

manne New Member

Status Points:
    People who use credit card should be aware that i unless they pay their balance in full every month, otherwise all the benefits they get from the rewards will be cancelled off. That's why I prefer debit card and I always use it for my purchases, even online.

5. alexasusu

alexasusu New Member

Status Points:
    sound interesting !! it is sort of like mileage earning with the usage of creditcard purchase the flight? more details please!!

6. susanong

susanong New Member

Status Points:
    You may try to apply from Citibank to acquire a card that can provide some benefit for fly to others countries. This kind of card have been provided from Citibank.

7. fann

fann New Member

Status Points:
    hey may be you can use Citibank Premier Miles Amex credit card. I'm using it and found it very satisfying cos with all the spending I got reward point in the rate of RM2=1 premier miles point. Those points never expired and can be use to redeem ticket in 5 different airline. Fyi, you'll get lots of privileges too for being the card holder. citibank. com. my/pmamex

8. freyafreya

freyafreya New Member

Status Points:
    how frequent you will be traveling and duration? by backpack or tour?
    anyhow thing gonna be okie as long as you bring along money with you right?

9. bobylaw

bobylaw New Member

Status Points:
    wow! i wanna go europe also leh! haha.. i think card is safer, dont bring too many cash

10. monicatongs

monicatongs New Member

Status Points:
    Citibank Premier Miles Amex credit card sounds great for those who travel alot.. i just cam back from Cambodia. It was fun. Too bad it was monsoon season and I couldnt enjoy the sunrise and sunset of the Angkor Wat. what a shame.

11. lcpteck

lcpteck Silver Member

Status Points:
    These guys are all spambots, happening in FT too.

12. yupms

yupms New Member

Status Points:
    As we know, nowadays there are lots of rewards credit card type. The more amount you spend with the card, the better reward you'll get. Some cards offer cash back, airline miles or points toward purchasing select merchandise based on the amount you spend. Personally I prefer those kind with cashback. So I think you should go for recognized bank and ask for the card that suit you the best. Don't choose blindly.