I have an unused Ambassador Free Night voucher, expiring in June 2012...

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by CescoAiel, May 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd sell it on eBay if they'd let me, but they don't, so if anyone wants to trade a Free Weekend-night voucher, expiring June 2012, let me know (through PM)...
    WeekendNight IHG.jpg

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  2. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can trade these...

Or ihg used to give 5k in exchange for an unused one

CescoAiel, iolaire and TheBeerHunter like this.
  3. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thx, let's see if someone will trade for a voucher which expires in June 2012 then...

I didn't know about IHG giving 5k for them tho... I might need to check up on that! ;)

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  4. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Directly from the horse's mouth:

5. cowsrus

cowsrus Active Member

Status Points:
    Hi what would you like for your certificate?

6. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I haven't heard back from cowsrus in PM, and the month is progressing (we're almost half way), I am willing to give it to anyone who'll reimburse me the mailstamp cost* (€ 0,95 Priority mail from Netherlands to worldwide, not 'signed-for' nor insured!) as a token payment (I accept Paypal)
    (Any voluntary amount above that amount would be considered a 'donation' to my 2 kids' vacation piggy banks...)

I'd email a hi-res scan of it immediately after confirmation, and mail the physical voucher same day!

*) I don't need to make a profit on it, but neither do I want to make a "loss" on it

7. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Half-way through the month... I guess this one will go to waste... :( Too bad! :rolleyes:

8. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, this is the last week it could've been used, and since I live in The Netherlands, it is unlikely I can get it to anyone in time now...

Too bad, another BOGO cert wasted... ;)

9. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do not worry too much, CescoAiel, I lost two last year...I find that booking on the IHG website is not the best deal, they impose the best flexible rate; it used to be much more convenient before...next time, adivse us on time and we will buy your certificate.

CescoAiel likes this.
  10. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, like I said to TheBeerHunter: I knew I wouldn' t be using it when I got my welcome package last year, due to not having and ICs near where I live, or where we like to go for vacation... But my welcome pack kinda got lost in my paperwork stack, until I got the notification my Ambassador would be expiring in July! Then I was like "F***, I still have that free night certificate", which is when I searched for it and posted it here... ;)

Good news: I'll be getting a new one in the mail in a few weeks! :D
    (And I won' t be using that one either, so I'll be sure to post it here in a timely fashion!)

11. studio253
    Original Member

studio253 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called Ambassador Member Services when mine expired last year and they sent me a new one. I'm RA and don't know if that matters over regular Ambassador level.

CescoAiel likes this.
  12. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, I tried that... Spend 45 minutes in a queue and talking to *beep*'s and the result is... No can do!

Ah well, it was worth a shot!

13. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    their weekend night certificate web link seems broken, couldn't find a working link