I Hate How Long it Takes for Business ExtrAA Points to Post

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by gleff, Apr 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    It's April 9. I log in to check my Business ExtrAA account balance. Points are still only updated as of February 28.

For whatever reason they can't post updates in real time. And they can't tie point totals to actual itineraries flown. You never actually know if you're receiving the correct number of points. That's annoying too.

But c'mon, AA, couldja just please update accounts a little bit more timely than you do currently?

_kurt, GeneCMH and gemac like this.
  2. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    They post for you? :) i think i get half posted correctly

gemac likes this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Well I have no idea if they post for me since American won't break out what they're giving you credit for... :(

4. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    About half the time, the BE number seems to fall out of the PNR before I fly. After booking, there is no way to check that the number is in the PNR other than by calling. Then it takes up to 48 days to post. Then, if the number is missing, it takes another 4 months to post. And I can never tell when it does post how they figured the number of points - it is always less than I was expecting. The entire posting process is horrible and a major turn-off.

Also, the BE number seems to fall out of my AAdvantage profile from time to time. This program is difficult enough for us, and we have only a few fliers in our company. It must be a real nightmare for a company with 20 or 30 fliers.

chanp likes this.
  5. GeneCMH
    Original Member

GeneCMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. Definitely seems like a PIA to track down points and ensure the BE number stays in the PNR. I think I"ve lost hundreds of points when the BE number falls out afer an eVIP clears. Then I forget about it and end up deleting my original confirmations with ticket number, so I have nothing to submit. Grrrr.

AA - Please make this a usefull tool :)

6. dream7
    Original Member

dream7 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Business ExtrAA just doesn't work. Flights don't post, customer service is non existent. Not worth the effort.

7. DCAview
    Original Member

DCAview Silver Member

Status Points:
    I treat Business ExtrAA the same way I treat AAdvantage Dining/Rewards Network/IDine: I don't count on it to work or change my behavior, but when the points magically appear in my account, it's a nice surprise.

Globetrotter likes this.
  8. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    The BE points are based on revenue, I think they should count as soons as they get the money. If for some reason they have to refund they could simply take it out the points referred to that issue. Really... they really should improve their system!!!

9. gemac
    Original Member

gemac Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do the same thing. Business ExtrAA points got me an Admirals Club membership this year.