I guess I am a Status Chaser....need help perfecting the craft!

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by hotelexec, Nov 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. hotelexec

hotelexec Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello,
    I am new to Milepoint and I am very excited to get started!

I have a question regarding my first "potential" milage run...

I have registerd for the AA double Elite Qalifying promotion from ORD to SFO...

I have the following itin. held...ORD>OMA>ORD>SFO>DFW>ORD

Would the segments from ORD to SFO and SFO to DFW and DFW to ORD qualify for the DEQ11 promotion? I am 10K away from Platinum and really want to get that before the end of the year....

Can anyone shed some light for me?

Thanks for all your help!
    T

hulagrrl210, Horse, Colonel G and 6 others like this.
  2. TravelMusing

TravelMusing Gold Member

Status Points:
    A newbie myself, and have never done any MRs. :eek:

But just wanted to say... Welcome to MP!!!!! :D

3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    I second the welcome milePoint! :)

(Posted from my milePoint enabled iPhone)

4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only thing is does AA consider your routing a round trip? They define it as 2 one way trips booked into a single reservation.

Terms and Conditions:
    Offer only applies to AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing Programs in California, Illinois or Texas. AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between Chicago (ORD) or Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from October 27, 2011 through March 31, 2012. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. Reservations containing open jaws are eligible. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Reservation must be booked on or after October 27, 2011, to be eligible. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year; bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2012 will count toward your 2013 membership year. This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles and double flight miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned for the flights between Chicago or DFW and Los Angeles or between Chicago or DFW and San Francisco only. Promotional miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.

hulagrrl210 and A2A like this.
  5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP hotelexec! Hope you'll like it here! :)

lwkatya and hulagrrl210 like this.
  6. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MilePoint. I know you'll like it here. :)

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  7. hotelexec

hotelexec Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I really enjoy reading all of the posts here. The advice is greatly appreciated.

I broke down and called AA after reading some of the other MR posts just to make sure i was on the right track. I am glad I did. I had to make one small change to the itin but it looks like i should get all the EQMs.

I let you know how it turns out.
    Thanks again!
    Todd

8. Titans26

Titans26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP Todd! We all are status chasers. I wonder how many would chase after miles/points only, without any status attached?

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint