I Experienced A Type Of Credit Card Fraud I Didn’t Know Existed

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I've been using credit cards forever, though much to my surprise I've never actually been a victim of credit card fraud. You'd think I would be a prime target, all things considered: -- I have dozens of credit cards, so frankly I might not even notice if one of them went missing -- I use my credit cards all over the world, so there are a lot of opportunities for people to take down my credit card information The good news is that credit card companies are fantastic about consumer fraud protection. In the event that there are fraudulent charges on your card, you're almost always covered. I'm also sort of surprised that I almost never get fraud alerts on my card. Understandably card issuers occasionally proactively tag transactions as fraudulent, because there's something suspicious about them. It amazes me how good of a job issuers do at tracking what's "normal" behavior on a person by person basis. The post I Experienced A Type Of Credit Card Fraud I Didn’t Know Existed appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...