I dont get it still - eupgrades

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by Burdus, Jun 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Burdus

Burdus New Member

Status Points:
    Thx for all your help though i still dont understand how the upgrades work. There seems to be plenty of seats and still i am wailisted.

Ac 881
    Cdg to toronto pearson
    July 2, 2013

I would appreciate your explanation if there is any. This can be somewhat irritating when i dont undrstand.

Would ahving access to the info about r seats help?

Thx.

2. [KVS Availability Tool 7.2.0/Diamond - Availability/FS/US]

CDG Paris Charles De Gaulle FR [LFPG]
    YYZ Toronto Lester B Pearson Intl ON CA [CYYZ]
    TUE 02 Jul 2013

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Availability
    --------- ------ ---- -------- ---- -------- --- -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
    AC 881 CDG 11:00 YYZ 13:00 77W J9 C9 D9 Z7 R0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L0 K0

There are still 16 open J seats and since CDG is not much of a code share airport for AC you should be ok for a gate upgrade or you will have it by the time you check in if you are SE. It always helps to let the board know your FF status.

Make sure you check in at exactly flight time minus 24 hours as well.

3. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just to clarify ... AC holds back business class seats until check-in time, in case it is able to sell them. Only the R fare class is released (and on your flight those have already been snapped up), others are not until check-in time. As guinnessxyz says, you have a good chance of getting an upgrade at the gate.